paracetemol in labour

bambino

Reaction score
:rofl:
it really tickles me to think that it is even offered! :rofl:
Did anyone find it useful to have paracetemol during the later stage of labour? I was given it when i was 6cm! lol. Needless to say it did sod all!

I was just reading my labour notes from hospital and remembered they gave me 2 paracetemols! waste of time!:rofl:

I was taking paracetamol when they gave me the gel when I was induced with a codiene and it did help some, but I agree it would not have done f'all in labour! I was happy enough on the gas and air! :rofl: x

Well I had an epidural :rofl: But I can't imagine paracetemol doing much for the pain :rofl:

Its the only real pain relief I had! Did feck all though :rofl:

No idea why they offer it. Might as well suck on a sweet, the amount of good it does!

Paracetomol doesnt even relieve my headache if I have one let alone help me in labour lolll I just looked at the midwife when she offered me it. Why take something that doesnt work, gas and air is better.

lol... I cant imagine it would have done anything for me. I had morphine first and then the epidural.

Maybe they'e hoping for a placebo effect?

Personally it'd be like putting a bandaid on a broken leg!

haha i had paracetemol from asda until i was 9cm dilated.... then i opted for abit of gas and air lmao, as it did nothing!

:rofl: no not one bloody bit did it help!! i had been in labour 24hours, been sent home from the hospital and rung them back to say - er not coping - "take some paracetamol dear" :dohh: needless to say it didn't help and about 13hours later i had an emergency section :dohh:

i took it at home as advised by a mw, what a waste of time!

I only took it at home when i was in early early labour and tbh it didnt even take the edge off the pain

Not even slightly useful! After 24 hours of labour to be told to have a couple of paracetamol and get some sleep...if I hadn't been in so much pain I would probably have laughed at her! x

:rofl:
I would have strangled someone if they had offered me paracetamol! I had an epi...

they wouldnt let me have it once my waters haqd gone- I asked and they told me not be silly, it wouldnt touch the pain!!

I had it given as a pessary. Did sod all. Rank experience for nothing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"