paracetemol?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by CKJ, Jun 5, 2011.

1. CKJ

CKJ Well-Known Member

I have the most awful headache today, not helped by constant nausea. i haven't taken any painkillers since getting pg n tbh paracetemol never used to do a thing for my headaches anyway but im desperate today. i spoke to a pharmacist who just goes 'its not often a problem'...quite frankly i didn't find it all that reassuring!! What do u guys think? Will taking 2 today do any harm?
    Xx

2. babynotoo

babynotoo Well-Known Member

I have recently had more headaches than ever, so on Friday I called my Midwife and she said that you can take a maximum of 8 paracetomols within 24 hours. I had been suffering with 2 every 24 hours as I was worried but she said it is fine.

3. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

Paracetamol is fine... Ibuprofen not!

You can get stronger stuff on prescription... But has to be controlled!

4. Cherrybinky

Cherrybinky Guest

Ive popped 2 paracetamol a few times since 4 weeks. Ok'd by the Dr and its cured the problems x

5. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

I've taken a couple over the last couple of days due to back pain. They've not touched it really but I suppose 1 a day won't really do much anyway! I'm really nervous of taking them too, even though I know it's OK! :dohh: I'm sure they won't do any harm! The stress of the pain is probably worse!

Beca :wave: