Paranoid about bump size..

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
For those who have got kids...

Does bump size have anything to do with the size of your baby when it comes out?

And is the size of your bump while your growing related? I mean if you have a big bump early on does it mean you'll get huge, or does it even out?

I'm 19 weeks and quite big already. All the babies in my bf's family have been big and I'm a bit worried I'll end up getting split in two :rofl:

I dont think it makes any differerence, a lot of the time when women have massive bumps its all water. My friend was the biggest pregnant woman i have ever seen, she was huuuuuuuuuuuuge....her baby was only 6lb! xxx

don't think it matters either. I've been really neat throughout and my LO isn't tny, I'm just all baby. Maybe you have lots of fluid?

Every time my mates have been really big they have smallish babies around 6-7lb and the ones who have lean bumps or don't gain too much weight have big babies. I have a big bump but it is all on my front and looks like a football stuck to my front. I know I will be having a big baby though as I am diabetic and my last 2 were big. So I think if you gain weight all over you are more likely to have a smaller baby. Only in my experience though xxx

I was huge with my ds b only from abt 35 weeks, and he was a 9lb + er! However I'm sure I'm tiny this time round. But I don't think it does relate generally! I guess time will tell us all aye!

I think i look huge for 20 weeks, my mate is 2 weeks behind and like 'oohhh your massive compared to me' Hopefully its all water looool x

Its all different withe ach pregnancy hun .
I was quiet big with finnley and layla (Allthow both different shapes lol) , Layla was overdue and a tiny 6lb finnley was overdue and was a whopping 8lb ! .
This time iam carrying small but by passed experiances that means nothing . xx .

I dont think it makes any differerence, a lot of the time when women have massive bumps its all water. My friend was the biggest pregnant woman i have ever seen, she was huuuuuuuuuuuuge....her baby was only 6lb! xxx

I completly agree, a friend of mine was huge when she was pregnant she was so worried at how big she was getting and made things worse when asked her midwife how big she thought her baby would be and midwife dodged the subject but when baby was born he was 6lb and the rest was all water.

I don't have any direct experience, but I have read sooooo many birth stories where women were told by "professionals" that their babies were big, because their bumps were measuring big, but had dinky 6lbers.

Not sure if it works in reverse though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->