Parenting and smoking cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Full stop. I don't care if the children are sleeping, gone, or playing in the next room.

Dude, this is like the first time we're on opposite sides of the fence on something :lol:

I think... hmm. I have no issue with cannabis. I have issue with taking the gamble with the legality of it, even if it's a slap on the wrist, I wont do anything that could put my children in a bad position, or give me any kind of record. But, if it was legal, it would be a none issue, and I'd likely replace any social drinking I do. I much prefer the relaxation and open mindedness that comes from a single joint to a glass of wine.

I also don't agree with smoke being around children. If you smoke it, take it outside. Same with tobacco, smoking in the same house as a child is disgusting.

I don't really care if somebody has children or not, the fact is that taking illegal drugs is wrong regardless of who takes it when.

Did they grow it themselves? *also illegal* if not then chances are they bought it from a dealer, that dealer got it from somewhere else and is part of a bigger picture, by buying drugs you are funding something bigger i.e crime and human trafficking, I could never willingly be involved or condone anyone that plays a part in that system.

Very good point, I quite dislike that thought. Hmm!

Smoking a blunt out in the garden and drinking a glass of wine are so not the same thing. Anyone using this argument is also suggesting that people who unwind with a glass of wine of an evening are getting legless, which I doubt is the case in most cases and if so is a matter for child protection agencies.

To the pot smoking parents: Do your dealers come to your home and drop off the drugs or do you go to their place?

I'll give you my name and address as well shall I? :lol: seriously though, sorry, I don't think anyone would answer that :dohh:
Why not? I mean, I used to get my gear from a colleague at work, then there was one who used to come and deliver, and I've also had dealings with ones who do it from their own houses. If you're going to be open about smoking it, surely you can be open about where you get it?

I don't even think it's the incapacitation that gets me most about parents of young children continuing their weed habit - it's the scumminess of the whole dealing thing that they're indirectly exposing their kids to:nope:

Gear? You were a heroin addict?!

I don't know why you assume it is always shady 'scummy' people waiting around for dodgy drug dealers? A lot of people just grow their own and casually sell it to friends :shrug:

Right this is my LAST POST ON HERE if I reply again someone tell me to fuck off because I have a 1500 word essay to write!

No I dont agree with it, for a number of reasons;

1. I don't agree with ANY type of smoking around children.
2. It's illegal, which means its come from a dodgy source and who knows what sort of crime you are funding buying that.
3. It does impede on your abilities, as does alcohol etc, I don't think anyone should be so drink that they can't drive when taking care of a child so that applies to drugs too.
4. Risk factors, of taking any drug plus the getting caught factor but police and social services.

As for legally smoking it, it is different for me, in the big way that it's legally sourced, from a drug company and not some dodgy guy on the corner, saying that all my other points apply, like many drugs some really affect your ability to function which can adversely affect your parenting, but that's a risk the individual weighs up with their doctor.

^ :haha:

My Mother, the little old granny who knits her grandsons winter jumpers, is partial to a bit of a toke. She actually taught me how to skin up. Bless her, can just imagine her hanging out in a darkened alley waiting for a wayward youth to swagger up with some "gear". Dear me :cloud9:

Ooh by the way Eternal the giggle smilie wasn't aimed at you chick x

Ooh by the way Eternal the giggle smilie wasn't aimed at you chick x

Lol, no offence, it's the debates section, we are not meant to agree, if we did then there would be no point of it.

I would say I am very conservative in these things, I have never taken drugs, never smoked and don't drink. :haha:

I appreciate you can get the drug from safer sources but it's still illegal. When I was nursing I have seen the affects of people over dosing or coming on high on goodness knows what, ok not cannabis but that's where it starts.

I know people who do though and I have no issue with it, people do what they like, and make parental choices, but I dont think it's responsible.

No. Full stop. I don't care if the children are sleeping, gone, or playing in the next room.

Dude, this is like the first time we're on opposite sides of the fence on something :lol:

I think... hmm. I have no issue with cannabis. I have issue with taking the gamble with the legality of it, even if it's a slap on the wrist, I wont do anything that could put my children in a bad position, or give me any kind of record. But, if it was legal, it would be a none issue, and I'd likely replace any social drinking I do. I much prefer the relaxation and open mindedness that comes from a single joint to a glass of wine.

I also don't agree with smoke being around children. If you smoke it, take it outside. Same with tobacco, smoking in the same house as a child is disgusting.

:rofl:

I don't know why you assume it is always shady 'scummy' people waiting around for dodgy drug dealers? A lot of people just grow their own and casually sell it to friends :shrug:

Right this is my LAST POST ON HERE if I reply again someone tell me to fuck off because I have a 1500 word essay to write!

Gear is what it's mostly called around here?!

Ahem, we're not allowed to talk about acquiring illegal substances on bnb!

I use to be very anti-marijuana until I actually started reading up on it. DH smokes it a few times a week (never more than a couple of puffs) and never ever when LO is awake and it's actually helped a lot with lowering his blood pressure. It bothers me that there's this assumption that people who sell weed are scummy, sketchy people. Marijuana is a plant with a natural derived drug in it. Sure it's illegal, but a lot of non-sketchy people grow their own plant for their own personal use. I have yet to try it mainly because I'm still breastfeeding LO, and in all honesty I'm not sure if I'll ever try it. I think there are quite a few medicinal benefits to it, but smoking it just doesn't overly interest me. I think that as long as your child isn't exposed to the second hand smoke and as long as you can control your intake and not let it lead to other drugs (which is a whole other issue), I don't see a problem with it at all :flower:

My mom was HIGH while she was in labor with both my sister and I!
LOLOLOL!!

I'm really not against it! I don't like the idea of smoking around kids, but if you're a parent and you smoke a blunt every once and a while, I'm not passing judgement!

You really have to know the reasons WHY it's illegal... it's all political :-/

We're talking about cannabis. Maybe the slang differs between Brighton and London.

I think it's very likely that you'll find people growing their own and selling it, but most dealers you encounter will be getting it from another source, and no matter how civilised and clean-cut your harmless dealer is, you'll find the people get dodgier up the chain. It's also unusual for a dealer to just be dealing weed. Most of them diversify with pills and cocaine.

One harmless dealer I knew had his flat completely cleaned in an armed robbery by a jealous rival dealer. Just sayin'.

Then there's the question of whether you want your own kids to smoke. It's pretty clear that the people on here whose parents openly smoked cannabis are also partial to a toke or two. Me and by friends were nicking skunk from one girl's dad weekly until we had enough for our own spliff - and this was at the age of 12. He wasn't even that open about it but of course it was there, so we took it.

I would rather Ivy smoke weed in moderation than get drunk when she is a teenager tbh. There seems to be this immediate assumption that smoking weed = being stoned all the time but for me it has always been the same as someone having a few pints with their friends on the weekend. To me, the behaviour when you are stoned is far less damaging than the behaviour of a really drunk, young girl. When I drank as a teenager I would get myself into dangerous situations, when I started smoking weed me and my friends would just sit around listening to music and making food :shrug:

Well then lets hope the uk decriminalises it sometime in the next 14 years because as it stands the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol consumption while condemning marijuana is fucking ridiculous.

BTW Ozzieshunni have you ever considered actually trying to contribute towards a thread rather than repeatedly making snide comments? Insinuating other people are crappy parents seems to be quite a hobby for you. Bravo for not mentioning the fact that you once studied criminology in this one though.

Why do you keep comparing alcohol and weed? Comparing one substance to another doesn't make either right in the presence of children. It seems the only way you can justify your drug use is comparing it to drinking?

And there's no need to speak to another poster like that when they are offering a valid opinion.

Don't worry. It was bound to happen. I've made use of the report post button. It's not a thread unless I'm insulted by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"