Parenting and smoking cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol IS a drug, I am saying that getting slightly tipsy from a moderate amount of alcohol while a child is in bed is not any better than getting a little high. I'm not trying to justify anything, because funnily enough I rarely smoke at all, in fact I can't remember the last time I did.

I just think it is wrong, when you become a parent you become responsible for another life. POT is illegal, period. I am not saying a bad parent and maybe there are those out there that do smoke in moderation, but clearly when your high you don't know what you are doing, your frame of mind is not good, I don't know I just don't understand it and I would never do it or risk my kids knowing i did it . I know a dad here who smokes and one day he got out of his car to pick up his daughter, his son was strapped in the carseat, as he got out and walked away the car started to roll :nope::nope: some guy jumped into action and was being dragged in order to put the car in park, I don't even want to think what could have happened. This guy is a great dad and loves his kids,but even sometimes when you think you are ok your not, your motor skills are NOT the same when you smoke pot. I don't know it is just my opinion and to be honest I would not want my kid around any friend or family member that smoked, that is my right as a mother. :flower:

Driving while stoned is a totally different matter though, its just common sense not to drive while intoxicated by anything?!

Driving while stoned is a totally different matter though, its just common sense not to drive while intoxicated by anything?!

Yes, but in an everyday situation is really is not different. If something happens in the house and you have to react fast , it will interfere with that , I just don't get the point of arguing ( Not meaning you) because we are talking about something that is not legal, it is against the law and it is against the law for a reason// :flower:

Okay I guess this goes beyond the parenting thing because marijuana is not illegal because it is a more dangerous substance than alcohol - as a previous poster says it is political and NOT based on scientific evidence. There is a REASON why there is so much discussion about decriminalising it.

Okay I guess this goes beyond the parenting thing because marijuana is not illegal because it is a more dangerous substance than alcohol - as a previous poster says it is political and NOT based on scientific evidence. There is a REASON why there is so much discussion about decriminalising it.

Where you are it is not illegal? I am from New York and here it is definitely illegal , I don't know of anywhere in the US where it is legal. I am only asking cause I really didn't know that it is legal in other places :flower:

Alcohol IS a drug, I am saying that getting slightly tipsy from a moderate amount of alcohol while a child is in bed is not any better than getting a little high. I'm not trying to justify anything, because funnily enough I rarely smoke at all, in fact I can't remember the last time I did.

I think you have misunderstood me. I am aware alcohol is a drug and have already said twice that I think alcohol is wrong in the presence of children regardless of amount.

I am trying to point out that the only way you are justifying using drugs around children is by saying it is no worse than alcohol. You say you would rather your LO smoke weed in moderation than get drunk from alcohol. Why the comparison of weed in MODERATION and alcohol to be DRUNK? That's not really equal and its a bit skewed. Logically you should be comparing weed in moderation to alcohol in moderation or weed to be stoned with being drunk.

I'm slow to type on phone so I'm way behind now lol.

Alcohol isn't harmless by any stretch of the imagination - it's a poison by definition and we drink enough for it's toxic effects to be felt but not be lethal *unless you develop a drinking problem* If you look at it realistically you'll do more damage to your child through tobacco second and third hand smoke. It's the legality and the message that it sends to children when their parents don't follow the follow the law, you could argue it needs to be de-criminalised but that's a whole different argument, the way it stands the issues are a bit of an irony because morally something being legal doesn't make it right i.e drinking and smoking regular cigarettes.

Thread closed. This discussion stems from another thread that is now closed for the obvious reason and because members are attacking others unnecessarily.
Any messages that encourage, promote or endorse illegal activity will be removed. Serious offences may result in your account being restricted or banned.
Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.
BTW Ozzieshunni have you ever considered actually trying to contribute towards a thread rather than repeatedly making snide comments? Insinuating other people are crappy parents seems to be quite a hobby for you. Bravo for not mentioning the fact that you once studied criminology in this one though.
Why have we another instance of targeting one member? This isn't acceptable and you know it.

You're plenty guilty of snide remarks yourself either solo or within a group of friends, known to target members and the forum when you disagree with certain opinions/discussions so let's not at the worst claim innocence and flame/troll another member/issue. Why when you disagree with someone else do members twist words and use the 'you're calling others bad parents' card.

Ozzieshunni is more than aware she has very strong opinions and sometimes how she expresses those may not always come across great or even necessary but in this thread she hasn't done anything other than say she hopes her child doesn't do anything illegal. Up until you targeted her the discussion and disagreement in thinking was going fine (apart from the fact there is conversation on illegal substances).

People are entitled to an opinion. I tend to have a couple of drinks on the weekend, many of my FB friends may not agree to this and they are entitled to their own private thoughts on that matter based on something they wouldn't do... they don't show any disgust in me or defriend me in horror and judgement but when the topic is open to discuss on a forum people will say how they feel, as long as it is done without being rude or aggressive there should be no problem. If you enter that conversation that is your choice.

I think it's time we started reviewing some member accounts again both current and previous activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"