Parenting books - recommendations?

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Hi,

I've started getting a bit nervous of the two of us becoming three and wondered if anyone could offer some advice on good books we could get to help us.

I'm scared of our relationship taking a battering, we have things pretty good as they are and have been together 11 years but I'm so scared of losing this close partnership.

I just want to be aware of some traps to avoid, so books aimed at new dads would be great and also some for me and us as a family.

We are both so excited about this new chapter but you hear horror stories of great relationships going wrong after baby and just the thought is upsetting me loads.

Try to relax. Baby does change everything, but it can be for the good! :) Our first son did change our lives completely, but in a great way. Watching your DH with your baby will definitely make you love them more and vice versa. Things will be hard at first as you both adjust into being parents, but if you have a strong relationship, you can lean on one another for support. I didn't really have any baby books besides a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." And it was the best thing that ever happened to me! It helped me get my son on a good schedule where he was sleeping from 7-7, so it gave me and DH time for one another at the end of the day :) I recommend that book, definitely! And take a deep breath and get excited about the little baby that yall made together!

My mum bought "Fatherhood For Dummies" for my fiancee for Christmas, and he loves it! It seems to hit the spot with a lot of the worries many men seem to face, and my fiancee has got a lot from reading it, so I'd recommend that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->