• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Parenting lessons from tribes around the world

morri

mom to one
Reaction score
Quite a sweet article about a world traveller and his photography of tribal societies

https://www.mamahub.nl/mamahub/2015...tion-with-acclaimed-photographer-jimmy-nelson

Thank you, love it!

I think we can learn so much from tribal life. It's a shame more questions weren't asked!

Interesting read. I like that a man is promoting these ideals. I do think he made sweeping generalizations and romanticized the tribal peoples, but the pictures are beautiful.

Pictures are lovely! Article is too. The Maori women under the falls is staged though as we don't have tribal Maori like that here any longer.

I loved reading that!!! I loved how he mentioned that "Unfortunately, being acknowledged as a mother is not significant anymore. We believe it’s far more important to be somebody, and have a title."

... Being 23 years old and only wanting to be a SAHM and wife, I get so much backlash on this. Ive been called lazy, stupid.. the works. I actually have more than one university degree. Being a mother is far more important to me than having a career. I appreciate working mums, and I don't think one is better than the other but I DO think that shaming young women because they want to be a SAHM is unfair. My life is not being "cut short" or "wasted" simply because at 23 I wish my only job to be raising my baby and raising my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->