parents evening :)

ALY

spammy sexington
Reaction score
robyn had her 1st parents evening on tuesday :cloud9:

and it went really well she is working at age 6 (she isnt 5 till november):thumbup: she is really confident has a lot of idears and is saying really complicated sentences for her age :dohh:
the teacher said robyn is one of the clever ones and that if she carries on she will be really clever when she grows up and maybe able to go to a private school (scholarship from the council) :cloud9:

she can already spell and do sentences (some words are not spelt right but they sound and look like the word :thumbup:

all she said was that she would like to see robyn play more and not be sat at the table on her own while everyone is playing outside :dohh:

so how can i go about making her play :wacko: i dont want her to miss out on playing but i dont want to make it out as though she must be more laid back with her work :dohh: so how would you go about this :blush:

She's only started school and her confidence will eventually grow in time to play with other lo's but its hard to make that move to make new friends at any age, maybe you could have a few of her class mates over to play even once or twice a week to help her branch out a bit more and make a few new friends it may make her feel more comfortable around them. Is it too much to have a little midterm/halloween party and invite the class?

she has plenty of friends babes as most of them were at the same daycare nursery as robyn so its not like she doesnt know anyone its that she wont play as she is more intrested in her work :dohh:

plus her friends and robyn are always at each others houses so why wont she play at school :wacko: lol

Did the teacher mention what the school policy on play is? I know when my oldest was at school first thing in the morning the class had free play, they were brought into the gym and all ran about including the teacher.
Maybe you could just have a chat with her and let her know that you are so proud of her and so please that she's working so well and enjoying learning all these new things but that school is also about having some fun and give her some gentle encouragement to play.

Its a hard one, maybe she is just enjoying so quiet time?

iv just asked robyn why she wont play with her friends at school and its because she just wants to sit and write or do some learning on the computer now i know its good she wants to learn but i also want her to play :thumbup:

she plays at dinner time as kids are not allowed in the classroom :thumbup:

they have learning in the morning up untill dinner with a playbreak for half an hour then in the afternoon they have free playtime where they can play until half 2 they then have a story and get ready to come home :thumbup:

but she wont play and is sat at the table trying to read and doing writting :wacko: she gets so into stuff she wont give up until she has finished what she started so :dohh: maybe she will grow out of it :shrug:

I honestly wouldn't worry too much she has loads of friends, plays at other times, she just enjoys reading etc, she'll play when she wants to sounds like she's just balancing things out, there may come a time when she wants to be out with her friends and you're shouting to do homework lol. Sounds like you're doing a great job there, just try not to worry too much and just enjoy the fact that you've a very clever and by the sound of it very well balanced daughter, enjoy being a proud mummy x

thankyou sweetie :kiss:

i suppose i should make the most of it lo, as like you say when she hits her teens she i will have to bribe her to do homework lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->