Parents of kids who are non-verbal/low communication

Mummy_Claire

Mummy to Theo
Reaction score
I really hope this is allowed, delete if it isn't. My name is Claire and I'm studying special education at the University of Essex. I'm piloting my dissertation on the benefits of music for people who are non-verbal/low communication. Currently I'm just looking for people to fill in a very simple questionaire however I plan to start a really fun and interesting project for my dissertation this summer and I'd love to make some friends that I could hopefully involve in the project when it starts!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/J6L9X6C

This is the questionaire, it should only take 5-10 minutes and it's pretty easy :)

Really hope some of you can help xxx
Thanks x

just want to wish you luck with your study. My son couldnt communicate properly till 5 years old due to ASD but he can now (we just have a slight delay and stammer)

Just Wanted to wish you luck also. My daughter is nearly 4 and doesn't have many words yet and very few sentences but she's slowly improving. She loves music and although she hasn't got many words she can sing along to songs, I've just put a thread on hear saying how she can sing the bing bong song from peppa pig which is 11 words in a row. She can also sing alot of "let it go" from frozen.

Good luck! My son is 3.5 years old and non verbal, I am hopeful that one day he will communicate with us.

I am also trying to get him enrolled in a local music therapy study if it works time-wise. I have heard great things about music therapy and kids with ASD.

Just wanted to thank you for your support!

I've received some really interesting responces so I'm really looking forward to researching this further

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->