Parker for a girl?

O

onetwothreebp

What are people's thoughts on a little girl named Parker Jane or Parker Leigh?

Parker, never heard this as a name but I love it for a little girl. So classy! X

OH isn't sure, he wants the name to be an obvious gender name but I think Parker is fab!!

Asher and Parker

Asher and Callia

Asher and Ambry

Asher and Viola

This is so bloody hard!!!!

Honestly I can only see boys with the name Parker, but that doesn't mean you can't start a trend!!

Asher and Parker together both sound like boys to me
Asher and Ambry sound really nice together IMO!

Do you know you're having a girl or is this still hypothetical?

We know that we're having a girl.

I think part of the reason I DO love Asher and Parker together is BECAUSE they sound like two boys and I really wanted another son.

I think part of the reason I DO love Asher and Parker together is BECAUSE they sound like two boys and I really wanted another son.

Oh congrats!! Well if you like how "boyish" names sound on girls, some suggestions are:
Asher & Aiden
Asher & Blake (personal fave)
Asher & Brett
Asher & Dylan
Asher & Cameron
Asher & Kyle
Asher & Micah

I've only heard it as a boy's name. Doesn't sound like a girl's name to me, but probably since I only know of boys as Parker. I do love how Parker Leigh sounds though!

PS: I LOVE Asher!!

Thanks!! It wasn't very common (at least around here) when I had him but afterwards, I hear Asher constantly! I still love the name though, and it suits him SO well. It means 'happy' and it's so true, he is such a little joy in my life.

if you want a unisex name that goes with Asher then I think Avery sounds great

I like Parker for a girl. And it's not like there are no other girl Parkers...Parker Posey, for example.

I named my little boy Parker, but it sounds very cute as a girls name too! if you do name your little girl Parker though be prepared for people to think it is the last name :dohh: whenever were at the doctors and such and they ask for his name they right Parker into the surname section, constantly having to correct people that it is his first name. a name i do like for a girl is Harper leigh, the H just seems to make it more girly, but it is very similar to Parker

Parker to me, is more of a boys name but I think that's because I used to watch a show when I was younger called "Parker Lewis Can't Lose." LOL But if you love the name, I say go for it. It's your opinion that matters! Parker Leigh sounds nice together. :)

I don't think going for Parker for this reason is wise. Surely you want to be moving away from "I wished it was a boy" now rather than having a name reminder. Giving a masculine name because you wanted a boy, in total honesty, seems unfair on her. She is what she is.

Back to the name, I'm not a fan on either sex (nosy Parker!) but it's not very feminine for a girl, so I vote no.

I don't think going for Parker for this reason is wise. Surely you want to be moving away from "I wished it was a boy" now rather than having a name reminder. Giving a masculine name because you wanted a boy, in total honesty, seems unfair on her. She is what she is.

I fully agree with this and that's what's stopping me. I do think Parker Leigh sounds nice but I don't think Parker goes well with my last name and it's not quite fair to her.

Still, what a nice name. Sigh.

Back to the name, I'm not a fan on either sex (nosy Parker!) but it's not very feminine for a girl, so I vote no.

my mams parents thought she was a boy so when she was born a girl they just stuck an 'a' on the end of the boys name they picked lol she has never forgiven them

they thought I was a boy too so no one picked a girls name, I was going to be Gareth London... thank god I didn't end up as Garethina or something on a spur of the moment lol

I agree with Varenne :hugs:

I love the name Parker for a girl and a boy though.

I think Asher & Ambry/Ambrie sound so cute together :cloud9: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->