Parking rant!

J

Jade--x

Just come to Asda and there's no baby spaces and I have to park the other end of the carpark with my 2 LO's and as I'm walking past there's 2 2 seater cars with no carseats in the front..A van again with no carseat and a police car!! You'd think them of all people would know better!

Grr really annoys me when people park in the baby spaces without a baby!

You cant go anywere now without people parking in them, we never bother trying anymore

this drives me crazy too!!!! i ha a arguement with a woman the other day as asda was busy id spotted someone coming out of the baby space and she indicated for it i drove straight into it and had a go at her she had no children, no carseats nothing the cheek!!

It annoys me but I keep my mouth shut now as you never know what someone will do to your car lol!! and I have just got a new one!

That used to really piss me off when my kids were tiny, I complained to the shop a few times and also had a word with people if they were at their car there. Some people are ignorant xx

They probably think that because it's a sunday it doesn't matter:dohh:That really annoys me and LO isn't even here yet! It's so lazy. I get even more angry when people who aren't disabled park in the disabled parking bays, they're there because people need them not for lazy so and so's to cut off an extra few yards off their walk from the car to the supermarket.

My manager parked in a parent and child space a few weeks ago (work in a supermarket), I was disgusted but didn't say anything to her, wish I did now just to see what her excuse was!

I've never said anything to anyone but walking past them I've said to whoever I'm with 'they totally have a baby don't they'. If its late at night (as ours is 24 hour) then maybe that's not too bad most children are asleep not making shopping trips..But in the middle of the day on a sunday? :dohh: I've noticed I can never get in the baby spaces anywhere either I always have a look though as there's more room to get them out and I have a 3 door - its not easy lol x

This so so annoys me too but i try to keep calm now as everyone does it now!! Its ridiculous, i just think wait till they have kids....you know. I know the signs say anyone can park in them but it would be considerate to keep them free for baby's/children i just don't think people care anymore....

I hate it when people without kids do this! But I was wrongly moaned at the other day... My LO is still small enough that he fits into his first car seat that attaches to his travel system... So there's never a carseat in my car when I've left as it's on the pram. I walked up to my car the other day to a woman complaining about the 'idiot' without the car seat.. then she saw me load up my pram! Was entertaining at least!

I seriously hate people that park in disabled spots too.. I get people saying ' Just pull up in that spot, we'll only be here ten minutes' I just won't do it, it's not worth it when somebody could really need it.

Don't even get me started!! At the gym where I take LO swimming, I got one of the last two spaces left in the parent bit. Both cars next to me and behind me: No car seat. One woman walking away from her car: no baby. One woman walking to her car: No baby. So that was 5 cars abusing them just in the couple of minutes I was there.

I complain all the time and nothing gets done! Really gets on my nerves as I park in that carpark when I go to work but I park in normal spaces. I could quite easily het away with parking in them. I have to admit I'm not overly careful with my car door when I know someone isn't meant to park there. And I will often talk to LO very loudly sharing my disgust about it all when we are leaving (only when we leave as I'm frightened they might slash my tyres or somehting :haha:)

I'll be honest. If there arent any parent and child spaces free then i'll park over 2 spaces. I've got a 3 door car so the doors open really wide.

We dont bother trying now, but given that lo likes to now take off her seatbelt and open her own door, we have dinged a few cars :(.
Ive had folk say why not just park furhter away etc not near any cars...............which yes it is fine......and icve tried it but then I have to control a trolley of shopping and a toddler who is too big for the seat but will dawdle along and will I can guarantee at some point get in the way of someones car - - - and I so nervous when she goes behind 4x4s!

The spaces aren't there for the 'convenience' of mothers......its for the extra room to get the seats out, but also so that the chance of a child coming anywhere near moving cars is reduced.

Don't even get me started!! At the gym where I take LO swimming, I got one of the last two spaces left in the parent bit. Both cars next to me and behind me: No car seat. One woman walking away from her car: no baby. One woman walking to her car: No baby. So that was 5 cars abusing them just in the couple of minutes I was there.

I complain all the time and nothing gets done! Really gets on my nerves as I park in that carpark when I go to work but I park in normal spaces. I could quite easily het away with parking in them. I have to admit I'm not overly careful with my car door when I know someone isn't meant to park there. And I will often talk to LO very loudly sharing my disgust about it all when we are leaving (only when we leave as I'm frightened they might slash my tyres or somehting :haha:)

There's no point in complaining as legally ANYONE can park in these p+c spaces,they aren't like disabled ones. I have to agree it is annoying but there's not much you can do about

The local asda near me isnt too bad as even the regular spaces are wide enough to get a pushchair down & get a toddler in a carseat, wouldnt bother me if they did this everywhere & made a few more footpaths for us to get to the shop safely x

I had the rare pleasure of a parking attendant tell a lady off for parking in one the other day! She drove in the space, the sign right in front of her windscreen (and also the pace had been left empty by some other considerate motorists) so it was very obvious, and he came straight over and told her she couldn't park there. She said 'well I have a child at home!' He said the child needs to be present, please move. She did but you could tell she wasn't happy. I could have kissed him!!

^^^ hahaha that's brilliant! "I have a child at home":rofl: some people!

A child at home.... WTF does that have to do with it, tit!

The other one that used to bug me is the people with like 12 year olds or something using these spaces, I've not used them since the kids were old enough not to need a buggy!

A child at home! Wtf! Hahaha...

I challenged two women who parked in a p&c space next to me as I was arriving. One of them informed me that she did have a child, IT was inside with IT's dad and they were meeting IT in there.... "IT"??? They also had loads of junk on the backseat so no way had they just dropped someone at the door or were picking up two more people without cleaning out the car. The other woman came over quite aggressively shouting haven't you got anything better to do?! Um yes but stopping your lazy a$$ from taking the last spot from another mum who needs it is worth 2 mins of my time imo.

It did scare me a bit, I was worried my car would be keyed other something when I got back but it was fine. I did spot them in the shop a bit later - with no child or other adults!

Also as much as I see people abuse spaces all the time, don't assume no car seat means no child. They could have a newborn or 6 month old etc who has been taken into the shop in their carseat. I did this all the time as it was cosier than shopping trolley seats especially if she was sleepy.

A child at home? Ohh dear!

I had to go to Asda yesterday and I actually drove down as someone else was leaving a baby space and got one :happydance: then the couple in the car next to me left theirs and these 2 young lads pulled into it - no baby :nope: I didn't say anything I'm too worried what they'd do to me if I did but just gave them a dirty look and carried on with my boys, and there was a mum struggling with twins in a double buggy and a toddler in a usual space (ours are really small unless everyone parks perfectly centre you can barely get in/out your car) that needed that a lot more than some lazy youths :nope: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->