Part-time ECers?

Kaites

Reaction score
I'm contemplating dabbling in elimination communication with Emma and was wondering about others experiences and if anyone has insight/tips to share :flower:

Now that Emma is eating solids, she seems to hate pooping- today she actually looked like she was trying to stop herself and hold it in rather than push it out (almost 100% positive she's not constipated either). She's no longer a stealthy pooper, so there are definitely cues to work with, lol :) I don't want to pressure her to use a potty, just maybe try an alternative and see if it makes her happier :shrug: I love our pretty fluff too much to want to completely potty train her just yet- but not scraping poo out of the fluff would be a bonus too :haha:

elimination communication is when your baby doesnt use a diaper/nappy. the parent looks out for signs or the child is taught to give signs that they want to go and then they're held over a toilet or potty, i think its something like that

Here's a website about it https://www.diaperfreebaby.org/
I didn't actually end up doing it although I looked into it when I was pregnant. I think the easiest way to start is to watch out for #2 signals as that are sooooo much easier than #1 signals (still haven't figured out my los!) I suppose in some way I do part time EC as whenever I see her "poo face" on I quickly strip her nappy off and sit her on the toilet - I'd much rather her go in the toilet then in my lovely cloth nappies!! :haha:
Good luck - I think it's a lovely way to bond with your baby.

I started doing EC in November, but then we went across the country to stay with my mom in December and I dropped it, then started again in January, then Miss M was at childcare in february while I volunteered at the olympics, then started again in march - but spent a month in Japan with his grandparents. Now I want to start again, but Miss M is all crawling and move-y and I can't get her to sit still on the potty or on the pee mat when she's diaper free to "catch" pees. Any hints and tips???

:)
A

My mum must of done a version of this many moons ago, she used to pop us on the potty fter drinks and meals we were all out of nappies quite early on.

Thanks for the replies :) I tried sitting her on the toilet yesterday but she seemed upset about the cold seat so we gave up but might try again this morning. I don't want to push her but she gets so upset about having #2 in her diaper even for a couple minutes while I get organized to change her so we'll gently continue trying for now :shrug:

Here's a website about it https://www.diaperfreebaby.org/
I didn't actually end up doing it although I looked into it when I was pregnant. I think the easiest way to start is to watch out for #2 signals as that are sooooo much easier than #1 signals (still haven't figured out my los!) I suppose in some way I do part time EC as whenever I see her "poo face" on I quickly strip her nappy off and sit her on the toilet - I'd much rather her go in the toilet then in my lovely cloth nappies!! :haha:
Good luck - I think it's a lovely way to bond with your baby.

Thanks, I spent some time on that website yesterday :) I never thought I'd attempt EC, but since I can clearly see she's pooping, seems to kinda make sense to offer her the option of the toilet- especially when she's in the pretty fluff, lol :)

I started doing EC in November, but then we went across the country to stay with my mom in December and I dropped it, then started again in January, then Miss M was at childcare in february while I volunteered at the olympics, then started again in march - but spent a month in Japan with his grandparents. Now I want to start again, but Miss M is all crawling and move-y and I can't get her to sit still on the potty or on the pee mat when she's diaper free to "catch" pees. Any hints and tips???

A

No hints or tips from me- Emma's just starting to creep off the diaper-free time mat too :wacko: I'm thinking of trying a little potty and giving her some toys to make it a fun time :shrug: I'm not really trying to catch her pees atm, but if I did that would be a nice bonus, lol. Cute avatar of Maia!

My mum must of done a version of this many moons ago, she used to pop us on the potty fter drinks and meals we were all out of nappies quite early on.

That's cool- it would be cool if all this did lead to Emma being out of diapers a little bit faster... just not too fast since more fluff arrived this week :haha:

Kaites my mum used to pop the little potty on her knee so we were close to her so it didnt feel alien/strange. Im looking for a little potty to start doing the same.

That's a good way of doing it- I've heard of people using Tupperware, but my luck, DH would accidentally pack his lunch in it :haha: I'm going to have a look at little potties that I can put in front of Emma's play table and see of that works for us. Worth a try and if she doesn't like it now, it can be saved for when we really start potty training later. I'm interested to hear how it goes for you and Noah when you start :)

That's a great idea Maffie - will have to try it! Becopotties makes a compostable potty that is cool (and nice and small for when they are young) - otherwise Baby bjorn makes one that is small too!

Good luck!

A

Hopefully Noah will get used to a potty around that way he wont be wary of it. He doesn't like poo in his nappy and moans till its off then he has a great big smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->