Partial Molar Pregnancy... HELP!!!

tishtish

Reaction score
Hi ladies.. I am soooo glad that i found this forum. My story goes like this.. On 10/25/10 i took an HPT the revealed a BFP :happydance:. I was elated I couldnt believe that it was happening because we werent trying and I have pcos so I always thought that getting pregnant wouldnt be so easy. That same night I started spotting so so the following morning I called my Dr and he told me to come in. He did a sono which he said revealed I was about 8 weeks preggo and that Ihe would do blood work just to make sure that everything was ok. He got the blood the following day and told me that I was fine. The spotting continued for the next few weeks and then the day before thanksgiving i started having really bad pain in my right leg so I called my Dr he told me to come in. He did a sono which revealed no heartbeat and followed up with blood work. I got the results back the following day and my levels were at 12000 three weeks prior they were at 10000. He said that at that point he didnt expect it to be a viable pregnancy and that I could wait a week or two to miscarry or i can opt for the D&C :cry:. I was devastated Long story short from that point it took a little over a month (Jan 16.) for me to have a D&C due to snow storms and hospital scheduling. I was so relived that the D&C was done with and that I can just go ahead and start a new chapter. I went in for blood after 2 weeks and my HCG was at 6 and two weeks later I got my period. About 4 weeks after my D&C my Dr called back with the pathology results. He said that the fetus show chromosomal abnormality and that the placenta had some abnormal cells :nope: and that he wanted me to come in once a month for six months to monitor my hcg levels (and not to get pregnant during this time). I had my first follow up blood on 03/16/10 and it was 0. Since then Ive been taking HPTs every other day just to make sure that there isnt a sudden rise in the levels. I had an unexpected surgery back in April and was not able to go for my April or May follow up. I spoke to my doctor because i am due for one now and I am terrified that I have done them for two months. He basically said that since Ive been getting my periods and my HPTs are negative and my history of the HCG levels are good that I really shouldnt worry. But I am a nervous wreck by nature. I was just wondering if some people can share their experiences with PMPs and if anyone knew what the likely hood of HCGs going back up again. THANKS!!

Please,please,please don't worry!
I had 2 partial molars. Once your level hits zero, you'll almost certainly be fine, they just follow up on the off chance of something...you'll be fine trust me!

Hey hun, u should join our partial molar pregnancy forum, it's in the groups and discussions section under this new thread u have started, we would love to offer our support nd experiences with you!!

You don't have to worry that much. You just need not to work hard and take a rest. Your Ob-Gyne Doctor will have to monitor you and follow up check ups to see the development. As long as it reaches ground zero, its alright.

I believe that its a good thing, once you hit zero and that they go down, and not up--im no medical professional but i think its great that you went down to zero very fast, :) god bless. you.

i just suffered my second partial molar, and im devasted, i am trying to pull myself together and figure out what i can do, and not give up hope, my dream is to be a mom...and my heart is broken and i know i'm suppose to go on like everythng is fine..but i dont know how sometimes....

sending blessings to everyone and if anyone has any advise ......i am more then willing to listen at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->