Partner drinking alcohol night before positive ovulation test

BroodyTeacher

Reaction score
So Annoyed! Finally got my a positive on an ovulation test yesterday (Sunday) morning but he'd been drinking the night before (Saturday) due to a family wedding (I decided not to drink). We bd'd last night anyway and we probably will tonight aswell, but scared that the alcohol will have made him sperm go rubbish just before I ovulate today, as I've previously noticed it can be much thicker after alcohol (sorry TMI!!)?

Has anyone else got pregnant despite this? He's usually not a heavy drinker just so happens that this Wedding was at the wrong time :growlmad:

In total we also BD'd Thursay and Friday aswell but that's 3/4 days before ovulation so possibly too early unless I'm really lucky!!

OK sooooo, nothing to be proud of but i have to admit my first two sons must of been concieved at times like this as we werent trying and were out partying a lot as were young.
also sperm is made three months before if that makes sense so dont worry about the odd drink. x

I dont think one drink out of the blue would damage his entire sperm production , its daily drinking, smoking, drugs and other toxins along with hot tubs and laptops that cause damage. semen is thicker after drinking alcohol because its dehydrating.

If one night of drinking did anything New Years Eve wouldn't produce so many babies. lol I wouldn't worry about it.
While the full maturation process of sperm is 3 months, they are created on a daily basis. It's an ongoing process. So what he ingests daily can affect them, not just from 3 months ago.

Nooo, im sure everything will be just fine despite the alcohol.
We conceived our son on our honeymoon in Aruba and there was far too much drinking going on there. :)
We have also had 2 other MC where there was not any drinking to speak of going on...

fingers crossed you get you BFP! keep us posted!

I know too many people whose children were conceived due to alcohol (drinks = lack of protection). Since sperm is produced weeks (or months) before it is actually used, I wouldn't be worried! My understanding is that repeated daily consumption is what can affect the sperm. And even then, I know a lot of regular drinkers who produce plenty of offspring. Unless he already has a sperm problem I think you are fine.

I won't be worried about this. Since drinking is not one of his habit, and sperms are produced week before it used, so it basically, the sperms are clean. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->