Partner's bad reaction to my pregnancy

Makena29

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I have a question about how your partner or husband reacted when he found out you were unexpectedly pregnant (if that applies). My partner and I have been together for 7 years, and he recently moved to another state for work. The plan was for me to follow in a few months. I found out about a week ago that I am 7 weeks pregnant (due Nov 25) and my partner is horrified. He wants me to terminate the pregnancy (which I will not do) and is completely stressed out and terrified about how this will affect his life, freedom, and independence.

We're both in our early 30s with established and stable careers, so it's not like we're too young to handle a child. He's so upset that he's avoiding communication with me, except for maybe a text per day. Obviously, it's incredibly stressful to be alone and pregnant and not know if the man I've loved for a long time is going to stick with me or run away to hide in a dark corner.

For those of you who have had similar experiences, how did (or didn't) your partner's attitude about the pregnancy change? Did he come around? Did he stay resentful? Did he change the moment the baby was born? This is completely new territory for me and I have no idea the stages men go through during pregnancy. Any advice would be SO welcome! :shrug:

Shannon

Found a better place to post this in family life and relationships, but I don't know how to delete the thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->