Partners & saunas

rjsmam

Reaction score
I'm planning a discussion about us doing more, better planned bding.. cant imagine too much arguing from dh... although i know there will be instances of me waking him off the sofa or dragging him from watchin his beloved football!

however it just dawned on me today that he's a regular sauna/jacuzzi user.. whats your thoughts guys? I did tell him today that it's not good for his swimmers but haven't gone so far as to ask him to stop. we've been trying about 5/6 months but only really full on for the last 2 or 3. going to the health suite is his chill out time & I know he'll find it hard.. should i veto his visits?

x

I would ask him to lay low during the week of your peak times (like 4-5 days before Ov due) and the day of Ov. I think the swimmers need 24hrs to re-generate..so it'll be better "supplies" if he's had a couple of rounds without the heat.

Of course, simplest would be to prohibit it altogether so you don't have to worry about recovery time. GL.:flower:

ooh thanks - i read somewhere that they take 10-11 wks to generate - 24hrs sounds a lot better!! i think i'll do as you suggest...

I would ban it altogether.
Heat on the balls is a no-no.
Scrambled spermies cannot penetrate the egg!

....Scrambled spermies cannot penetrate the egg!
:haha:

Ok. So I went to Wikipedia...and the life cycle from creation to mature swimmers is ~72 days (9-11 weeks). So, whatever he's sending out now...is what started when he was good and cooked.

Offer a deal...say- hey, let's get this done so you can enjoy your saunas and I'm not bugging you.:winkwink:

Agreed with Indigo - unfortunately he needs to give it up altogether. Heat exposure is really bad for sperm counts and motility. And the process of sperm production, the time it takes for the basic primary germ cells to grow and mature and become a sperm, takes about 3 months, so if he stops the saunas and jacuzzis now his best sperm won't be in action until 3 months from now.

I really am sorry for him since it's something he really enjoys, but if he complains you can always point out that we have to give up wine and caffeine and all sorts of other things we love! :haha:

Agreed with Indigo - unfortunately he needs to give it up altogether. Heat exposure is really bad for sperm counts and motility. And the process of sperm production, the time it takes for the basic primary germ cells to grow and mature and become a sperm, takes about 3 months, so if he stops the saunas and jacuzzis now his best sperm won't be in action until 3 months from now.

I really am sorry for him since it's something he really enjoys, but if he complains you can always point out that we have to give up wine and caffeine and all sorts of other things we love! :haha:

thanks Happy Auntie and Indigo....... eeek this could be an 'interesting' conversation....

I suppose i'll have to offer him something else to try & chill out....

thanks Happy Auntie and Indigo....... eeek this could be an 'interesting' conversation....

I suppose i'll have to offer him something else to try & chill out....

Maybe he could try regular massages instead? I started getting them monthly when we started having trouble ttc, just as a way to kind of reward/treat myself for getting through the previous month, and I love 'em! :thumbup:

that's a good idea HA - thanks!!! gosh your pic in your avatar really reminds me of someone i know - you don't have a scottish twin do you :haha:

x

that's a good idea HA - thanks!!! gosh your pic in your avatar really reminds me of someone i know - you don't have a scottish twin do you :haha:

x

If I do, my dad sure would be surprised! :haha: I am about a quarter Scottish, though - my Granna was a Walker, so maybe your friend is my long-lost cousin... you never know! :winkwink:

x

If I do, my dad sure would be surprised! :haha: I am about a quarter Scottish, though - my Granna was a Walker, so maybe your friend is my long-lost cousin... you never know! :winkwink:

walker's a great scottish name... my dad being particularly fond of Johnny Walker :)

Hey rj, has he had a SA done? You could ask him if he'd be prepared to get one of those done - if his swimmers are a-ok then he wouldn't need to give it up. If they're not/showing signs of suffering because of it, then he'd have some solid evidence of why he needs to give it up for a while... just a thought.

(although that might be just as difficult a conversation to have! But you can always approach it "I've heard that saunas/jacuzzis are bad... we could get a test to see.....")

Or, just forward him this link and say nothing....

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fertility/MC00023/NSECTIONGROUP=2

ooh thanks for the suggestions.. not sure he'd go for SA yet but defo a really good argument for him to take it... &i really like the link - err not sure 'like' is the right phrase - but am defo sending him that!

i'm sooo childish - as serious as the whole thing is... this still made me giggle like a 12yr old Increased scrotal temperature

ooh thanks for the suggestions.. not sure he'd go for SA yet but defo a really good argument for him to take it... &i really like the link - err not sure 'like' is the right phrase - but am defo sending him that!

i'm sooo childish - as serious as the whole thing is... this still made me giggle like a 12yr old Increased scrotal temperature

Ha, me too :D thought that was just me - I giggle like a child at any mention of 'bums' or 'wees'... my englishness/toilet humour coming out.

I might ask DH how his scrotal temperature is today.... :haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->