Pass the Time: Water Breaking Stories

I had been in what my OBGYN described as very slow early labour for a few weeks and was walking around at 4cm dilated with bulging waters. I was on strict orders not to dilly dally and get to hospital quickly as she expected things would move fast.

At 40+2 I think I knew baby was on the way (contractions had stepped up a little), so went for an early night. I thiink my husband also knew because he made me a big roast dinner so my tummy was nice and full for the start of events.

At 4am I was woken by a strange popping feeling and when I stood up I felt a big gush. Heart hammering I ran to the bathroom to see my waters/bloody show and some meconium so we were straight off to the hospital.

OB confirmed it was only my hind waters, the rest went a few hours later when I got to 9cm.

I was terrified of it breaking at work! But alas, it took my nurse a full 5 minutes to break it at 9cm. He was sealed in there tight!

With ds I woke up at 6.00am at 39 weeks 6 days and felt a pop and a bubbling sensation, I was lay in bed with dh and lots and lots of water came flooding out, I shook dh for him to wake up and he thought I was waking him because he was late for work lol, he stumbles into the bathroom and got me a container to scoop some of my waters into so we could check the colour. I got out of bed and rung my mum n dad who sounded so excited, every time I took a step the baby's head must have moved and I got another gush and another gush,this happened for most of the day. I had a shower and phoned labour and delivery and was told to come into be checked.laboured all day at my mum n dads and arrived back at hospital at 3.30am on his due date almost fully dilated and ds arrived at 5.00am absolutly perfect, just gas and air and a water birth, perfect, fingers crossed my waters go spontaneously again 😊👍😊xxx

that's SO weird OP my story is very similar! I went to my mothers house after work to pick up my daughter felt like I needed to pee I went pee then felt a pop and small gush I was like no way...i went to the kitchen where my mom wad and I can't remember if I gave a small push or not but more water came out so I told my mom my water broke and I threw one of my daughters diapers on and went to get my bag with my mom 30 mins later contractions started lol

I hope I have a boring water breaking story. It's one of my fears to have them break at work or shopping!

Ahaha, i am crossing my fingers that mine pops when i AM out and about or shopping! Mine were artificially broken at the hospital last time, so this time i want to feel a big gush and parade around like 'hell yeah my water's have gone!' :haha:

Lol I also hope my waters pop while out and we race to the hospital like in the movies...but also I hope there's no traffic cos the hospital is far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->