Passing clots and possible tissue 2.5 weeks PP, help!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I thought I had PP healing pretty easy. I had a 2nd degree tear, stitches, surprisingly wasn't very swollen, didn't even sting when I weed etc. Especially compared to my first anyway, it's been a breeze!

Bleeding cleared up pretty fast, after a week it was pretty mild bleeding.
The last nearly seven days I'd been having more on and off bleeding, more red really.

Earlier I wiped and a piece of tissue looking stuff was on the paper. Definitely wasn't a clot, I poked it and it was firm like tissue.

I had been sat down for a couple of hours this evening, and when I stood up I could tell that blood was just gushing out, very thick dark red blood with a lot of clots. Wiped again and there was a really dark red clot/tissue (again, quite firm, but this one actually looked more like a clot to be honest). I'd say a chunky £1 coin sized piece. I have felt extremely mild cramps in the lower tummy. Mild discomfort, nothing really painful at all.

Health visitor is coming to weigh my son tomorrow, but midwife signed me off last week, I did mention the bleeding had almost stopped but started back up again and she suggested maybe I'd done more that day but I hadn't passed any clots/tissue then.

Do I call the community midwife or the doctors?! Going to call in the morning unless I start bleeding A LOT. It possibly would have soaked a pad if I didn't rush to the bathroom just from standing up and the blood all coming out, it definitely would have leaked everywhere too.

I would call the doctors, hun. I’m sure it’s OK but this early after PP, one cannot be too careful.

FX you can get it checked out fast and everything is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->