Passing on the Good News

Buffy71

Mummy to Harriet!
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I'm only 5 weeks 3 days (LMP) (or 3 weeks 3 days from the day I think I concieved), but was just wondering when other people share their news. I know all the safety timings point to 12 weeks (I'm going to burst with excitement before that!), some say eight weeks, and others say tell people, but only those who you wouldnt mind sharing bad news with if things should go wrong.

Any thoughts?

Dxxx

:happydance:

My first pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks and we had told everybody as soon as i knew i was pregnant.
This pregnancy i had a scan today and all is well i am measuring 5 weeks but only me and OH know am not sure when we are going to tell people maybe after my scan in may by that point i will be 10 weeks.
I think its up to you though when you tell people and what your circumstances are i didnt feel silly for telling everyone first time round but a lot of people were affected by it deeply when i lost that baby and i never considered that not once.
So until i know that the heart is beating and everything is fine im not going to tell anyone but thats personal experience.But make sure you make the right decision for you though.
Congratulations :)
P.s I want to scream it from the roof tops today knowing that everything is so much better than my last pregnancy and dont know how im going to contain myself :)

Ive told my parents, my grandma, my friends.
Im not waiting till 8/10/12weeks gone, dont see point. :)
Im not someone who thinks sharing great news is jinxing tings.
Good luckx

Firstly congratulations on your :bfp:

I told imediate family as soon as we found out x told a very good friend (who was also ttc) at 6 weeks told work (family friends) at 8 weeks, told 2 of mine & DH's best friends at 9 weeks & waiting to tell everyone else when we have had our scan, I'll be 13 weeks by then x

It all depends on you & your OH & only you two can make the decision on who to tell x

Hello ladies,

I'm only 5 weeks 3 days (LMP) (or 3 weeks 3 days from the day I think I concieved), but was just wondering when other people share their news. I know all the safety timings point to 12 weeks (I'm going to burst with excitement before that!), some say eight weeks, and others say tell people, but only those who you wouldnt mind sharing bad news with if things should go wrong.

Any thoughts?

Dxxx

:happydance:

I cant make my mind up. Since its Easter and i will be having dinner with the family on Sunday DH thought that it would be great to tell them. Am worried that its early. On Sunday i will only be 5+6. Dh says that i should be happy and enjoying being pregnant and stop reading about MC's etc as i am making myself paranoid.

One side of the coin is that if something was to happen then my family will be there for support. The other is that they may start worrying and making themselves paranoid as well.

Its a hard one. Let me know what you decide as i think our dates are vry similar.

Wendy

:hug:

:flower:Babybuffy I'm SO sorry about what happened last time - but SO delighted to hear this pregnancy is progressing well for you.
I think I'll keep my trap shut for a little while longer - although knowing me I'll blab straight after the first scan!! Mind you, with the NHS it'll probably be 11 weeks before I get that anyway - so fingers, toes and eyes crossed, that little heart will be beating away.
Good luck with your little Bean.
D
xx

:flower:

Hello ladies, particularly your point, Wendy, about support being there from family if you do let them know, struck a point with me. I agree wholeheartedly.
We too have lunch with family on Sunday this week and I'm struggling to know how I'm going to contain myself (my hubby is very much the sensible one in this relationship - thank goodness - if we were both like me there'd be no hope!). At the very least they'll be wondering why I'm not tucking into the vino!

Reedy your fountain method of telling people seems like a plan! Will have another conversation with the hubby this evening. I'm knocking on a bit - 38 - so understand why he is worried but I'm just SO thrilled.

Congratulations to all you lovely ladies. Its so exciting!!

D
xx

Firstly - Congratulations chicklet! I found out when i was 4 weeks - very early on like yourself so it feels like years away to 12 weeks! I told my close family and some close friends as soon as i found out. Now more or less all of my family know which i love!

The only people im not going to tell until after 12 weeks is people at work. I have told my boss and my close work friends (as they are more like best friends) but no one else.

Im still unsure on how to tell everyone at work after 12 weeks ..... maybe il just leave it till im showing and see if anyone asks me hehehe! Lead their minds astray!

But tell who and when you wish hun. There isnt a rule. Its all to do with who you'd feel comfortable knowing at the early stages etc. Family and close friends i say :)

Hi ClaireLouise - thank you! Congratulations to you too!!
Your post made me chuckle - just let them guess at work and then look put out when they ask and reply I just had a big lunch. hehehe.
The toughest bit is once you know you are pregnant, every other thought just vacates your mind and its really tough not to just blurt it out! (I nearly did in the kitchen at work this morning when one of other girls came in)!. Im so rubbish!
D
xx

We told people once we'd got our heads round it after a couple of days. Trouble is, we thought I was about 8 weeks along so I told work as well because my job involved alot of heavy lifting! Turns out I might only be 6 weeks so i would have found out at 4 weeks lol.
TBH it's all about personal choice and your own personal past experiences. I couldnt wait to tell everyone lol! :hugs:

congrats on your:bfp:!!!

my last preg ended in mc and we'd told everyone! it was really difficult telling everyone our sad news after as we'd only known 1 wk!

This preg we've only told our parents and my best friend, until i get to at least 8 wks!! .... Thats why I love BabyandBump - we can get it all off our chests so-to-speak without spilling the beans!Lol :rofl:

:hug:

We waited until 9 weeks to tell family (it was Mother's day so thought it was a good opportunity) and now we're waiting until after the scan to tell the world at large.

I did accidentally tell a girl at work and now she's acting really funny with me saying that my sickness is 'self inflicted' (bitch!:hissy:) but I told my boss at 5 weeks as I was ill and was late a couple of mornings - felt I just needed to cover my back so to speak.

I think it's entirely up to you when and who you tell. I was a little annoyed at MIL as when we told her on mother's day she was so excited to called/text literally everyone she knew. (not really her place to do this but we've said we'll make her call them all back if anything goes wrong!) - not that it will of course.

12 weeks tomorrow!! :happydance:

Hi ClaireLouise - thank you! Congratulations to you too!!
Your post made me chuckle - just let them guess at work and then look put out when they ask and reply I just had a big lunch. hehehe.
The toughest bit is once you know you are pregnant, every other thought just vacates your mind and its really tough not to just blurt it out! (I nearly did in the kitchen at work this morning when one of other girls came in)!. Im so rubbish!
D
xx

ha ha i know what you mean! And im sure some people want to ask already as im always complaining of being hungry and tired! My friend who knows almost blurt it out too haha! Its especially hard when there are other women in the office who are expecting, you just want to share stories! The lady who is preggers in my work (20 weeks she is) already knew (pregnant womans instinct???) haha so congratulated me and we have little secret chats and email each other how we are feeling. Its nice!

But as soon as everyone knows honey, i imagine its all everyone will be asking you about!! So you will make up for lost chitter chatter then i bet!! :happydance:

EDIT: Aimee-Lou the cheeky cow at work how dare she!! She is just jealous obv cos you will be getting lots of attention very soon!!! Evil cow, id sick up on her by 'accident' ;-)

Ooh Mrs Tapster - Oh no that's awful. That must have been so hard.

Congrats on your new little bean arriving on March 25!!! Very exciting. We're obviously around the same dates so I'll be watching your progress - we should start throwing up about the same time! :dohh:

You're right too - if I couldnt talk about it on here I'd be VERY grumpy at work. :rofl:

D
xx

Hiya, I think we all have that fear for a long time, even when you get to the 'safe stage' things can still go wrong. I found out when I was 4 weeks and although some people may think I was silly but I had to tell my mum straight away or I would have burst! I also told me closest friend so I can share things with her but waiting to tell everyone else after I have had my first scan which will prob be 12 weeks!
I know how u feel, even now Im still bursting to tell my friends but I think close family and friends are ok to tell early on as they will be the ones you will probably be leaning on if anything was to happen (god forbid!)
Good luck hun xx :hugs:

Aimee-Lou - as suggested by ClaireLouise, I'd accidentally "self-inflict" my self on her.... in her hair if poss. Heehehe -ergh! Totally grossed myself out then!

:blush::rofl:

Dxx

Aimee-Lou - as suggested by ClaireLouise, I'd accidentally "self-inflict" my self on her.... in her hair if poss. Heehehe -ergh! Totally grossed myself out then!

:blush::rofl:

Dxx

He he - it's a plan girls. We work in such a small office though and when I accidentally told her she actually had the cheek to ask 'was it planned' - cheeky mare! Hubby was not happy about that.

If she says/does anything once everyone knows though I think that the man I share an office with may stick up for me as she bullies him something rotten....poor bloke!

EDIT: Ooooh I think I woke the beast. She wont even talk to me or even look at me unless it's to pass on a phone call.......I'm inflicted the wrath!! He he he

I told everyone last time at 8 weeks then lost the baby 3 weeks later, and had to tell people all the time what had happened and it was truely heartbreaking. I told my mum when i hit 8 weeks after a scan..and will be telling the inlaws if everything goes well on next thursday...work i will not be telling for a while..wouldnt want to miss out on any training ect xx

Hey,

I'm 6+4 today and we've already told immediate family and my best friend. I'm going to tell another very good friend, but then that'll be it until after 12 week scan. The way i see it, is if anything bad were to happen, then i'd tell these people anyway, so why not share the good news too?? I wouldn't tell just anyone and everyone though, as i'd hate to have to tell them if something were to go wrong.

It's a very personal choice though, just go with what you're comfortable with.

I've had to tell work right away as my job entails working with chemicals and is physically demanding involving work at height and lifting so I do not want to jeaparise my pregnancy. I wasn't happy telling people so early but I have to put the bean first.

Other than that, we've told my parents and very close friends only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->