Passive Smoking!!!

Cat

Reaction score
Well I only work 2 nights a week, but Im getting pissed off and a bit worried. It was never a problem before cause all the doors were open and fans were on, but now the weather is turning colder the doors are closed, and its packed inside (I work weekends) and its so thick with smoke it makes my eyes water and my throat sting. Now I used to be a smoker myself but quit when we decided to try for Noah, but now here Iam having to passivly smoke 40 fags a nights worth at weekends!

Ihate it, and Im worried incase its harming the baby. I dont know if 2 nights a week exposure is likly to do harm or not? But Idont really know what else I can do, other than just take my maternety leave from the earliest point possible? :(

that must be awful for you, with me staying in scotland teh smoking ban is on ere si no1 can smoke in public places! sorry no advice :(

Oh no - You don't want to take your leave early?

You work in a pub?

Yeah I work in a pub. I will struggle to get another job whilst PG. So I dont have a lot of options.

Ican take maternety from begining of March. Im just worried that if Icontinue to work there till then Imight do harm to the bub :(

It might be worth checking with your MW and finding out if the pub have a legal obligation to protect you if it will cause harm i.e. let you have leave with full pay til your maternity starts because of the potential harm.

Oh hun, thats shitty. I HATE breathing in other peoples skanky 2nd hand smoke! (sorry!!)
I understand your worries, and im not sure what the risks to bub are, but id be getting some advice. Have they done a risk assessment for you??

Kina said:
It might be worth checking with your MW and finding out if the pub have a legal obligation to protect you if it will cause harm i.e. let you have leave with full pay til your maternity starts because of the potential harm.
I'd look into what Kina said!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->