past due date rant

Reyrey7

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say I am very thankful for having a good pregnancy and I don't mean to moan as I know I am lucky to have got pregnant...
But

I really want this baby to come out now. I really need some encouragement... They tried a sweep today but said it was unsuccussful as my cervix it is too far back. So have booked in for an induction on the 7th. If I have an induction then I cannot go to our local birth center which means no water birth. I will have to go to the labour ward instead.

I am so uncomfortable and have a cold and generally feeling down. I know I am the only person to blame as I put too much pressure on the situation... But I am scared that I feel like this.

Has anyone felt down before having the baby and been ok once the baby is born? I just feel impatient and discouraged...

I have been so relaxed and laid back about everything... Until now.

Sorry to rant but just feel abit scared that these feelings will still be there when the baby is eventually born.

I know how frustrating it is as everything is focused on the due date and then when it arrives and nothing- well, it sucks.
You do still have plenty of time to go into labour by yourself, plus you are also entitled to request monitoring rather than induction if you should get that far and you want to have your water birth.
Xx

I was depressed for weeks before baby got here. I thought I would be two weeks late and have to be induced and got myself in such a state. I ended up going in to labour naturally. Honestly don't stress! After my daughter was born I wished I could put her back in my stomach so I could sleep for a while longer. You'll have your little one in your arms before you know it just enjoy being pregnant I know that's easier said than done but I honestly miss feeling my little one move and wriggle around now x

Also I actually think being pregnant and the lead up to having a baby is more exciting than afterwards x

I like you have been feeling down and miserable but only because I have been feeling sorry for myself lol.
I will be two weeks over due when I get induced on Thursday. It's not happening naturally and even though I wanted to labor as long as I could at home before having to go into hospital (wanted as little intervention as possible), I figure now at least I will be in the best place when I DO go into labor. Just my body is needing help getting there.
You are only one day over due so don't stress just yet. In fact it's not worth stressing about at all. I am sure you will be fine :)

I don't know if this helps, but I have read that worrying about going into labour can stall it. I say try to relax and enjoy your last few precious days and moments still being pregnant.
I think a lot of ladies feel the same way when the due date is nearing, or more specifically has past. It's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->