Pasta/Spagetti

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Am going to cook maddi this but just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

can you freeze it?

and what do you put in your tomato sauce, i would just going to cook it with a little onion, and the tomatoes and add some cheese. and i could add carrot i suppose.

any advice or what you do would be great :D

I do freeze spaghetti. What I usually do is, I cook some whole wheat spaghetti (whole wheat because it's a lot more nutritious and is healthier) I will make a sauce with tomatoes, mushrooms, tofu, celeri, onions and garlic. I puree the sauce to make it quite runny, and I cut the spaghetti into small pieces and mix them together, then freeze it. xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-kids-nutrition/46877-baby-recipes-no-chat-thread.html

I used the recipe in here to make my sauce and yep I froze it. I make up the noodles fresh and just defrost the sauce cubes in the microwave :)

yeah I do freeze it.... but couldnt tell you how its done cos my mum does it :rofl:

:)

I freeze pasta in sauces all the time...the pasta swells a bit when reheated so you may need to add a bit of milk or water to thin it down again:dohh:

Asda do spaghettini which is like those broken bits of pasta you get in minestrone soup and it's wholewheat too:happydance:, they do a couple of other tiny pasta shapes as well....it's all with the normal pasta and is much cheaper than those teeny overpriced ones you get in the baby food section:hissy:

I freeze pasta in sauces all the time...the pasta swells a bit when reheated so you may need to add a bit of milk or water to thin it down again:dohh:

Asda do spaghettini which is like those broken bits of pasta you get in minestrone soup and it's wholewheat too:happydance:, they do a couple of other tiny pasta shapes as well....it's all with the normal pasta and is much cheaper than those teeny overpriced ones you get in the baby food section:hissy:

oh wow thanks for that honey! excellent advice, we've been buying the baby stuff :hugs:

So did I at 1st:dohh:....it's only coz I'm on child no 4 that I know better now:rofl:.

Try cous cous as well:thumbup:

So did I at 1st:dohh:....it's only coz I'm on child no 4 that I know better now:rofl:.

thanks hon! you're like a fountain of knowledge :D oooo cous cous, i didn't think of that, what a good idea, what do you mix it with?

thanks hon! you're like a fountain of knowledge :D oooo cous cous, i didn't think of that, what a good idea, what do you mix it with?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not sure about that:blush:

I'm a keen homecook so just stumble on these things sometimes:happydance:

Cous cous is a bit like teeny pasta so if your little un isn't keen on the big pasta you can intruduce a bit of cous cous by mixing it in with the tomato sauce or whatever you've made. Or make it as you would an adult dish by using equal measures of cous cous and boiling water, put in a bowl and put a lid on or clingfilm and leave to steam for about 10mins, fluff up with a fork and mix in some cooked chopped veggies, peas, corn, chicken or whatever you fancy.

If making for the family or older children then use stock instead of water to steam the cous cous as it can be a bit bland and add chopped herbs (coriander, basil, mint or parsley are nice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->