paternity pay question

P

purple_socks

does anyone know what the deal is with paternity pay and self employement? my hb is a self employed contractor and will not be getting paternity pay from work. i'm a student so i don't get anything anyway. We don't fall into 'low income cat' with Hb wage normally however he doesn't get sick pay or pay when he's not there etc. Hb wants to take 2weeks paternity leave but during that time he wont get any money and nor will i so does anyone know if we're entitled to anything from anywhere? i cant find any info anywhere for self employed people! am totally baffled :p

Not sure you'd be entitled to anything all I can suggest is putting some money aside ove rthe next few months so you have a bit extra to make up for those couple of weeks.

When baby is born you can apply for child tax credits and child benefit - depending on your OHs wage he may be entitled to working tax credits but you've probbaly looked into that before.

Only other advice I have is to ring the job centres helpline for better accurate information.

" i think" if u cant claim the £500 grant while pg,u can get it when u claim child tax credit when baby born !! defo check this cos my mate thought she cudnt get it but did !! she just ad to wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->