paying for a nanny...(uk)

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So i am meeting a nanny tomorrow...as the hope of employing her part time on a short term contract (20hrs for 8 Weeks)

Looking at internet it says as her employer i need to sort out her tax/NI.

any one have any experience with this? Also she is already employeed by another family as her main contract (4 days a week) this will just be an ad hoc job on top.

Hi Hun

I worked as a nanny before i had LO, this is the company my employers used to sort out my tax and NI contributions.

https://www.nannytax.co.uk/

xxxx

If she works for other ppl aswell, she may be a self employed nanny? If not you have to register with paye. Xx

You could always pay her cash in hand.

I have a main job with children that I'm paid for officially every month, but I also work with another family who give me cash in hand on the day. As her what she'd prefer.

I have a main job with children that I'm paid for officially every month, but I also work with another family who give me cash in hand on the day. As her what she'd prefer.

Isn't that illegal if she's not self employed?

im a nanny and my employers use a payroll company for my tax and ni. A little bug of mine is when people/employers say they pay the nannies tax/ni,you DEDUCT it from their salary not pay it on top. MAke sure you agree on a gross wage not a net.

Nannies can not be self employed only if they do temping (ie emergency care for a few days and then move onto another emergency care role)

the company my employers use is nannytax.
please do not pay cash in hand if you are caught you will face a hefty fine.

Isn't that illegal if she's not self employed?

On the amount a nanny is likely to make, probably not. The onus is on her to declare it and tax/NI will probably be waived.

the company my employers use is nannytax.
please do not pay cash in hand if you are caught you will face a hefty fine.

Simply untrue, it depends on the amount.

Just seen that this is 20hrs, so I would definitely not do cash in hand. I was only thinking if it was a few hours here and there. Misread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->