Payton's Natural Birth

Kimbre

DD 7 years. SO and baby
Reaction score
I was pretty active throughout my pregnancy, I worked (standing all day) up until the doctor put me on bed rest one month before i gave birth.

I ate all the right things and didn't do anything that was frowned upon in the books(which i read a LOT!)

I grew up in a little north country town so the hospital was not far from my house, maybe 10 minutes at the most.

i had a "Feeling" ALL night long that I just couldn't shake. and i know alot of moms say this, just to say it afterward. but i kept saying it that night. and i tend to have a psychic side.

well we had a good night, watched movies and started a fire. then it was bedtime.

in the middle of the night at about 4:20 AM(okay morning lol) i just WOKE up out of a DEAD sleep....my eyes shot open and i thought, "whats going on???" i almost woke up payton's bio dad but didn't, b.c. i thought he'd think i was nuts...then i felt a pop in my tummy.

this wasn't a "kick" feeling though...and i knew it.

I sat up and started to walk to the bathroom which is on the other side of my bedroom wall, and i felt something slimy and i look down and it was the rest of my mucous plug i thought(earlier the day b4 i had some of the plug come out) then im trying to figure out if it is in fact the mucous plug when water gushes out(my water broke)

then i wake up her bio father and we get in the car and head to the hospital.

we got there at around 4:40AM? i DIDNT want a C Section at ALL. I was hell bent on having her with NO drugs, but i wondered if i actually could, since everyone said i prolly wouldn't.

the doc came in after the nurses hooked me up and said we will be here a while and left...

suddenly i felt like i HAD to push. i told the nurse and shes like well i'll go get him but i doubt you need him.

he checked me and said i could deff push next contraction. they kept asking me if i needed pain meds. and i kept saying nooo.

i pushed for a while and the contractions were what hurt, it felt like a relief to push. finally they said that she was crowning and he asked if i had discussed an episiotomy with my doctor(b.c. my doctor wasn't there this was the third dc i had during my pregnancy...)
and i said no, but it was kind of too late she had already ripped me and so he tried to cut but i had ripped three ways( it sounds bad but at the time all i could feel was a lot of tugging and i knew she was out)

they wrapped her up and handed her to me and i cried, i couldn't believe that i had made this beautiful little human. all the pain in the world was worth it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. she's amazing and amazing me more every day

Payton Melissa was born at 7:45 AM at 8 lbs 0.4 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long on december 14th 2008.

and really i have a high pain tolarance but it wasn't as bad as a lot of girls make it out to be. i think that girls tend to be a little dramatic at times and they just want attention lol. tough it out ladies!!!!:brat:

yeah it was.. but they say the faster they come the more the contractions hurt lol. i was very lucky to not have to wait around all day, though.
and thank you!

That's awesome! I can't believe it happened so fast. Was that your first? If so, that gives me hope. By the way--great birthday for your daughter--it's mine too!!!

That's awesome! I can't believe it happened so fast. Was that your first? If so, that gives me hope. By the way--great birthday for your daughter--it's mine too!!!

thats your bday as well?? haha thats so cool. one of the best days of my life.

yes she was my first , we are trying for another right now, not getting pregnant as quick as last time! grrr.

yeah it was quite quick, but i ate right and stayed active, and didnt over eat or under-eat and i didnt do anything that may harm her.

tehy say if you stay active...like you were b4 you got preg... you have a quick labor. congrats! and good luck.

congrats! i had a quick labour of 3 hours and im not an active person :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->