PCO vs PCOS?

Bee Bee

Doula expecting #2
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Currently I am CD85 and have had no ovulation or period. So, last week I made an appointment with an OBGYN to try to figure out whats going on. I went off of Implanon in Sept and had 2 normal cycles before being stuck in this current cycle. The doc did a pelvic exam, drew blood and did an ultrasound. Pelvic exam was normal, blood results will be back tomorrow (I just tested thyroid last week and its normal, so I know thats fine.) and my ultrasound revealed that I have polycystic ovaries. They said specifically that it looks like a string of pearls around each ovary. Doc doesn't think I have PCOS (we'll see with blood results) though. Also, my lining was super thin which seems really odd after 85 days. But, I guess she said she would be more worried if my lining was thick because it would point to hormone issues.

I understand that the major difference between PCOS and PCO is a hormone imbalance. But I don't understand what PCO means for my fertility? I know neither are a death sentence and that conception is possible with both but I do know that PCOS makes it a bit harder to conceive and I'm wondering if PCO does too? I mean, it seems that it does if I am not ovulating regularly because of it. Really, I just want to know what the major differences/symptoms and so on are between the two. Because every time I look us PCO online, I only get info on PCOS.

Either way, pending my blood results tomorrow, the doc wrote me a script for Provera. So, I will take that for 10 days and force my body into a period. Which, hopefully, will be like rebooting a computer and should help my body start over. So, I guess that is the first step in fixing this issue for me right now.

I didn't know there was a difference but just wanted to wish you good luck! :hugs:

I was diagnosed with a PCO a month before I conceived my little man. I didn't have really long cycles though, just a little irregular and was still ovulating. The consultant told me that my ovary looked exactly how he expected for someone who'd been on the pill for 10 years.

Sorry I can't give you more info - just wanted you to know that it's definitely possible to conceive!

I was diagnosed with a PCO a month before I conceived my little man. I didn't have really long cycles though, just a little irregular and was still ovulating. The consultant told me that my ovary looked exactly how he expected for someone who'd been on the pill for 10 years.

Sorry I can't give you more info - just wanted you to know that it's definitely possible to conceive!

Thanks! I'm not really worried about it making me infertile or anything, I was just curious if it makes things harder like PCOS does :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->