• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS & 3+yrs TTC now 20 weeks pregnant!

letia659

mom to Jacob and Zander!
Reaction score
well my story, lets see first Ill mention I have a son who is almost 5yrs old, we got pregnant with him while I was on the pill unexpectedly I gained 70lbs with that pregnancy and didnt lose much of it and remained overweight which I still am. we decided to TTC #2 over 3 yrs ago and well I stopped getting periods and kept going to the Dr who just gave me prometrium to start my period and never gave me a reason of why I missed periods or had pains (in my ovaries but I didnt know this at that time) I thought that I would get pregnant fast as I did with my son but I didnt. we ended up moving from TN to KY due to my DH's Job and I had to change my Dr. as soon as I explained my situation she automatically said that I have PCOS and sent me for an ultrasound to see if I had cysts in which I did so I finally had an answer. she did give me the meds to start my period and also a script for Clomid. we tried this for 6 months and still didnt get pregnant. so we had an HSG to make sure my tubes were clear and they were. well at this time I decided maybe my weight was the problem so I lost 40lbs within about 6 months and did start getting my periods back but still didnt ovulate. this is about the time I started using Fertility friend to track when I ovulated or didnt ovulate. well I started taking vitex (bought at GNC) for 3 months this is when I started ovulating and got a BFP but it ended as a chemical pregnancy but it was still closer than I had gotten before. we decided to take a break from TTC so I quit taking the vitex and didnt get a period the next month so when another 3-4 weeks after not getting my period I took a pg test to be sure I wasnt so I could go get the pills to make my period start well....to my suprise it was a BFP I freaked and called my Dr and they confirmed the next day! so in all I dont know how I ended up pregnant I still think the Vitex had a lot to do with it but also losing that 40lbs helped. but in the end I believe God had all control over it and thank him everyday for this lil miracle! we are now awaiting a lil boy named Lucas in November!! :cloud9:

I am now taking vitex. Have been for 2 weeks now. I have never oed on my own, and this week I finally Oed, or at least i think i did. =) Vitex really works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->