PCOS advice/help!

bluestars

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years in Nov, Was told it would be difficult to become pregnant but we where lucky enough to be blessed with our boys. Unfortunately they passed away . We are having difficulty in TTC after our loss. I missed my last appointment with my consultant due to being in hosp while pregnant. I am waiting for another appointment to come through.

First appointment was the diagnosis and havent been back since we began TTC. yet!

My question is: What medication did Doc put you on to help conceive? What worked best ?

Also has anyone with pcos tried any other methods to help conceive (except temp, opks).

I know its a random question but if i hear that one things helped more people then i can suggest them to him and see what he says.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:hi: so sorry to hear about your loss :( I have PCOS but I do have semi regular periods and I do ovulate on my own. I have been ttc no. 2 for a year now. I am currently pricately seeing a FS and he has prescribed 1500mg of metformin and 50mg of Clomid days 2-6. I'm really hoping it works.

Lots of :dust: to you :flower:

:hi: so sorry to hear about your loss :( I have PCOS but I do have semi regular periods and I do ovulate on my own. I have been ttc no. 2 for a year now. I am currently pricately seeing a FS and he has prescribed 1500mg of metformin and 50mg of Clomid days 2-6. I'm really hoping it works.

Lots of :dust: to you :flower:

Thank you honey. I too have semi regular periods. Went to see doc and he says to hold off met at the minute and going to to tests to see how often I o!

Lots of baby dusts to you too! :dust: xxx

Hello Ladie's, I Was Dianosed With PCO (Not The Syndrome) March 13 & Have Been TTC Our Second Bundle Of Joy For Just Over 3 Year's, I Have Pretty Regular Period's, Ranging From 25/30 Day's & I'm Petite. I See My Gyn At Least Once A Month If It Isn't To Busy. She Gave Me 50mg Clomid CD2-6 For 2 Cycle's But I Cant Take It Until We Get DF's SA Result's On 11th July. Then She'll Give Me The Go Ahead On Clomid Or A New Plan Of Action, I Was Thinking If DF's SA Result's Are Low Then Maybe It Will Be Clomid & IUI But I Don't Know Until I Go To My Gyn App & We Don't Know If SA Result's Are Low Let Alone How Bad It Actually Is, As We Didn't Get Result's In Post, We Got Asked To Come In To Gyn Together. The Weird Thing Is We Had No Problems Conceiving Our DD, But This Time Round It's Been A Struggle. x X x

Hello Ladie's, I Was Dianosed With PCO (Not The Syndrome) March 13 & Have Been TTC Our Second Bundle Of Joy For Just Over 3 Year's, I Have Pretty Regular Period's, Ranging From 25/30 Day's & I'm Petite. I See My Gyn At Least Once A Month If It Isn't To Busy. She Gave Me 50mg Clomid CD2-6 For 2 Cycle's But I Cant Take It Until We Get DF's SA Result's On 11th July. Then She'll Give Me The Go Ahead On Clomid Or A New Plan Of Action, I Was Thinking If DF's SA Result's Are Low Then Maybe It Will Be Clomid & IUI But I Don't Know Until I Go To My Gyn App & We Don't Know If SA Result's Are Low Let Alone How Bad It Actually Is, As We Didn't Get Result's In Post, We Got Asked To Come In To Gyn Together. The Weird Thing Is We Had No Problems Conceiving Our DD, But This Time Round It's Been A Struggle. x X x

Hey sorry to hear that you are also struggling. Although Gyn might just want you both to come for the results as tests could be fine and to offer other investigations to see why you's are having difficulties!

I really hope your appt goes well! Please let me know how you get on! And i will keep my fingers crossed for you !

I'm still waiting on cd21 to test to see if i am O'ing!

xxx

Thanks Hun & I Wished lol, But I Really Doubt It. I Will Do Hun, I'm Due AF Tomorrow But Just Wishing She Don't Show And A BFP Does. GL & Fx'd Hun To You & Hope Bloods Show Ovulation Hun. x X x

Thanks Hun & I Wished lol, But I Really Doubt It. I Will Do Hun, I'm Due AF Tomorrow But Just Wishing She Don't Show And A BFP Does. GL & Fx'd Hun To You & Hope Bloods Show Ovulation Hun. x X x

I have now had my first smiley face of the cbfm. Wiether I will get a flashing one or not... imnonly on cd9... rather confused xxx

x X x Cycle Update x X x

I'm Well Out, My Cervix Has Gone Tender, Got Backache & I'm Sure I Can Feel Somewhat Cramping & They Are Always Sign's Of AF Brewing Up & Always Happens The Night That AF Will Arrive, So She'll Be Hear By Morning. Bitch... I'm Totally Gutted. x X x

Mine Was Always Low Fertility, High Fertility Or Peak Fertility Bars & When I Ovulated I Got A Egg Inside My 3rd Bar (Peak Fertility), So I'm Not To Sure What You Mean? x X x

x X x Cycle Update x X x

I'm Well Out, My Cervix Has Gone Tender, Got Backache & I'm Sure I Can Feel Somewhat Cramping & They Are Always Sign's Of AF Brewing Up & Always Happens The Night That AF Will Arrive, So She'll Be Hear By Morning. Bitch... I'm Totally Gutted. x X x

Mine Was Always Low Fertility, High Fertility Or Peak Fertility Bars & When I Ovulated I Got A Egg Inside My 3rd Bar (Peak Fertility), So I'm Not To Sure What You Mean? x X x

Aww im sorry! Fingers crossed she doesnt turn up ! Do you temp as well?

Its the purple clearblue it tells you will smiley faces (or not) low fert is no face, high fertility is a smiley face and peak fertility is a flashing smiley face. Xxx

Hi blue stars. S sorry for the loss of your twins. I am in a similar situation, struggling to conceive no 2 with PCOS after losing my son sept 2011. I was started on metformin at diagnosis (oct 2012), but it didn't make much difference for me.

I do ovulate on my own, but naturally have very long cycles, anything up to 90 days but each one different. Bertie was from a day 83 egg! I started acupuncture with chinese herbs, and after weekly visits for about three months, things started to improve and my cycles came at 35 ish days. I am now on cycle 2 of clomid. Didn't respond to 50mg, but had a 35 day cycle thanks to the acu. This time I took 100mg and responded well, with two good follicles at my cd12 scan, which I ovulated on c15!

Praying this is finally our turn!

So, I would recommend acu whilst waiting to start medical treatment, but bear in mind it takes time and can be expensive. I am still doing it now to support the clomid. I see it as my treat, since I don't have manicures, facials or expensive haircuts!

Hi blue stars. S sorry for the loss of your twins. I am in a similar situation, struggling to conceive no 2 with PCOS after losing my son sept 2011. I was started on metformin at diagnosis (oct 2012), but it didn't make much difference for me.

I do ovulate on my own, but naturally have very long cycles, anything up to 90 days but each one different. Bertie was from a day 83 egg! I started acupuncture with chinese herbs, and after weekly visits for about three months, things started to improve and my cycles came at 35 ish days. I am now on cycle 2 of clomid. Didn't respond to 50mg, but had a 35 day cycle thanks to the acu. This time I took 100mg and responded well, with two good follicles at my cd12 scan, which I ovulated on c15!

Praying this is finally our turn!

So, I would recommend acu whilst waiting to start medical treatment, but bear in mind it takes time and can be expensive. I am still doing it now to support the clomid. I see it as my treat, since I don't have manicures, facials or expensive haircuts!

Im really sorry for you loss ! fortunately mine arent that long! However acupuncture does sounds as though it is helping. I couldnt do that though i live on a small island and there is nothing like that here!

Im so glad to here that the clomid is working for you! fingers crossed you catch these eggs!! what cd are you now? Im cd 15 at the minute! and hoping that im ovulating!! Have been using opk's and got my first opk last week for a day and then got another 2 yesterday and today! Not sure what my temps are doing at the minute!! xxx

I'm cd 18, 3dpo! I have never o'd so early in my life and cannot believe how my chart looks lol :)

I have just started using these charts and its not predicting ehen I'm o'ing. Lol think it looks bad? Xxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-14-12-18-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-14-12-18-23.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5
No it looks pretty good for a PCOS chart actually, quite stable tems! No o yet bu hopefull with your OPKs you are about to!

Should I O after opks? What should my temp do ? (Sorry for all of these questions, this really is the first time ive used temping)

xxx

So sorry to read the struggles you've had. I've not tried to concieve yet, planning to soon. However I also have PCOS. Was diagnosed a few years ago when I weighed nearly 17 stone (I'm 5'6), only had a period every few months, wasn't ovulating and both ovaries were enlarged and showed multiple cysts. I went on metformin and joined slimming world and also ate low GI. Lost 4.5 stone and for the first time had a perfect 5 week cycle for almost 6 months, though wasn't tested for ovulation at that point. I also had a scan which showed no signs of cysts at all. PCOS is all about insulin resistance so what you eat and how your body deals with it has a massive impact. I've just come off the pill and waiting to see if I ovulate or not!

Best of luck to you :)

So sorry to read the struggles you've had. I've not tried to concieve yet, planning to soon. However I also have PCOS. Was diagnosed a few years ago when I weighed nearly 17 stone (I'm 5'6), only had a period every few months, wasn't ovulating and both ovaries were enlarged and showed multiple cysts. I went on metformin and joined slimming world and also ate low GI. Lost 4.5 stone and for the first time had a perfect 5 week cycle for almost 6 months, though wasn't tested for ovulation at that point. I also had a scan which showed no signs of cysts at all. PCOS is all about insulin resistance so what you eat and how your body deals with it has a massive impact. I've just come off the pill and waiting to see if I ovulate or not!

Best of luck to you :)

Thank you mrs! Best of luck on your journey you have made such a fantastic start thats loads of weight you have lots! xxx

Should I O after opks? What should my temp do ? (Sorry for all of these questions, this really is the first time ive used temping)

xxx

Hopefully you will o 1-2 days after positive OPK. Unfortunately with PCOS is it possible to get multiple LH surges, and therefore positive OPKs in a cycle before actually o-ing. Your temp should increase then stay elevated for three consecutive days following o then ff will give you crosshairs to sow it. It should stay high for your lp until AF or hopefully BFP! X

xxx

Hopefully you will o 1-2 days after positive OPK. Unfortunately with PCOS is it possible to get multiple LH surges, and therefore positive OPKs in a cycle before actually o-ing. Your temp should increase then stay elevated for three consecutive days following o then ff will give you crosshairs to sow it. It should stay high for your lp until AF or hopefully BFP! X

Will it keep on staying high If I was to get a :bfp: ? I had three days of positive opks and temp rose yesterday but dropped more today. Got cramps and things yesterday.

Thank you for all of your help ladies xxx :flower:

I have been put on Metaformin as doctor thinks that it may help me conceive. Has this helped anyone else?

How does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"