Pcos and loosing weight.

ann89

Reaction score
At the moment I'm pregnant but after I deliever I'd like to start dieting... What's a good diet for pcos? I've been reading up on different birth control pills that help the pcos which can help you loose weight. And also metformin I was also on that when I was ttc but didn't help me loose weight but I also waant gaining the crazy amount of weight that I was. I've also been looking at maybe trying the body by vi shake diet. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice....

I was told I have it too. The simplest way for me to stay within a normal weight range is counting calories and exercising lots. Counting all the time blows but that is the only way I am able to maintain a normal weight.

Look into insulin resistance and what sorts of foods to eat to avoid insulin spikes.

I have it too and doctor has ordered me onto a low glycemic index diet (usually used to control insulin etc), the celebs have got hold of it so it's quite popular at the moment but it is amazing! Xxx

I was told I have it too. The simplest way for me to stay within a normal weight range is counting calories and exercising lots. Counting all the time blows but that is the only way I am able to maintain a normal weight.

Look into insulin resistance and what sorts of foods to eat to avoid insulin spikes.

I did that after my daughter and actually gained weight.. but I think it's because my pcos got so bad that my cycles had completely stopped. And I prob. really need to look up foods that are good for not spiking your insulin.

I have it too and doctor has ordered me onto a low glycemic index diet (usually used to control insulin etc), the celebs have got hold of it so it's quite popular at the moment but it is amazing! Xxx

I'll have to look that up. Thanks.

Def a low carb but not a no carb is the way to go. Tbh it's still slow and annoying . At the moment I'm doing slimming world and being a bit careful about the carbs and it's working well and I have struggled hot years. I've even failed with prescribed appetite suppressants!! As the pics makes you insulin resistant so they didn't really help
Good luck

Def a low carb but not a no carb is the way to go. Tbh it's still slow and annoying . At the moment I'm doing slimming world and being a bit careful about the carbs and it's working well and I have struggled hot years. I've even failed with prescribed appetite suppressants!! As the pics makes you insulin resistant so they didn't really help
Good luck

low glycemic index is fab! its all about the 'good' carbs, the ones without the hidden sugars etc. ive found its helped so much! i dont get blaoted anymore, dont have half as much pain and just generally feel normal again! i really do swear by it xxx

Thanks ladies!! I'll have to keep that in mind for after my pregnancy

I have PCOS and do Slimming World and it's working wonders for me. I also think that taking metformin is helping. I think it's more helping to stop me putting on weight rather than helping me lose if that makes sense. I was just putting on more and more weight before started taking that.

I find it too difficult to limit my carbs which is why i find Slimming world so good :) xxx

I was the same way.. Without metformin I just gained no matter what and with it the weight gain stopped.. I'll have to look that up! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->