PCOS and OPK's

jadesmama

Reaction score
Did you ever get positive OPT's with having PCOS?
Im on 1000mg of metformin too...

I am on CD13 and still no positive.....

Im on my first cycle TTC after coming off birthcontrol...

any thoughts?

I've been asking this question a lot lately too.
Don't seen to get any answers.

xx

Well I looked it up on a PCOS forum and alot of the ladies said not to use them because they can give false positives.....but before I conceived me daughter I used them and they worked for me...so maybe I just still havent O'd this month or maybe I O'd very early! who knows....
very frustrating thats for sure@

Hi Jadesmama. Have you managed to get a positive yet?

I did have a positive last month but then my temperature didn't rise so i think i had an anovulatory cycle. I'm on my first round of clomid this month and i've just started using them again to see if i get a positive this month.

I never got a + hun ever, i wouldnt worry about using them too much, even the moth i got pregnant i didnt get one and i most definatly ovulated that month :) since its your first moth id say just try and relax i know its hard but i found :sex: every other day and just beeing chilled out done the job for us! hope u get ur bpf soon x

I did have a positive last month but then my temperature didn't rise so i think i had an anovulatory cycle. I'm on my first round of clomid this month and i've just started using them again to see if i get a positive this month.

I did actually get a positive and I have been on metformin for 8 months... when I got pregnant with my first I was on metformin for 8 months prior to getting pregnant..

I did actually get a positive and I have been on metformin for 8 months... when I got pregnant with my first I was on metformin for 8 months prior to getting pregnant..

Good luck then :thumbup: , did you have to lose weight or do anything else last time to get pg?

I have PCOS and ttc #2, not had a positive ovulation test (or whatever the acronym is?!!!) and yet I have periods - is this possible? I'm confused, I'm kinda wishing I hadn't bothered with the tests, it's just more to get me stressed about!!

xxx

hiya,im currently on 2nd month clomid @ 100mg. isuffer from pcos and am overweight. have very irregular periods. Im CD20 today and been doing OPK's since around CD11. Not been doing ever day but nearly everyday. Yesterday had faint faint 2nd line (IVE NEVER EVER EVER SEEN A 2ND LINE ON ANY PREG OR OPK TESTS!!!) but when i tested again today there was no 2nd line.

feeling a tad dissapointed.

Hunni, keep your chin up! I'm living proof that PCOS doesn't mean no babies!! It will happen for you :hugs:

It is possible to have a period without ovulating but they just call it an anovulatory cycle.

So no chance of pg then in the ovulatary cycle??? xx

hi all,day after i posted last message i got a 100% positive OPK. Lasted about 24 hrs and now its fading away.....

so im prosuming i have ovulated!!

Yeah hopefully! Do you temp as that will confirm it!

Hope you had lots of fun!

no, wasnt doing temp, but it was like 100% positive and jst got fader since then!

I dont temp either and got a +OPK on CD15 and the next day it was negative..

The only time i ever got a positive opk i also turned up pregnant. I've never had an issue with false positives on opks even with the pcos, granted i was on met at the time.

This is my 2nd cycle now TTC#2 so if I O'd on CD15 lastime, is it gonna be the same this time?

Hi...

Hi....I have a daughter who will be 4 in Jan. Considering it only took me 6 mths to conceive her i assumed i would have no problem getting pregnant again but was kinda impatient so i started using these 4 months after coming off the pill, from January- June of this year & they seemed to work for me. I always got my Lh surge on day 19 & had a 31 day cycle. I started to get some irregular bleeding around june & had to have alot of tests done including smears, clymidia test, cervix erosion testing & scans to check for fibroids all came back clear apart from they found polycysts on my only ovary i had ( had 1 removed as a baby as it had a cyst on). I was gutted & thought i would never have any more children. Was so confused as I was told at the scan that I wasnt prob ovulating...apparently I am as have had blood work done. Can you be put on clomid even if the results are showing you ovulate if you have polycysts? I worry Im not ovulating regulary, for all i know i may have been unlucky & the months i had my blood tests done were the only mths i ovulated! Husband has has sperm checked & shows low count & motility....is now taking fertile aid for men & has upped his exercise as was almost 19 stone....has lost nearly 2 stone this mth! :) Any one elses partner taking fertile aid??? good/bad???

xx

hey ladies i started taking the OPK test and i got positive test for 5 days straight the strongest being on CD 17 and im now on CD31 and i got another strong Positive OPK but negative Pregnancy test i have no idea whats going on but they say its unusual

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->