PCOS and Vitex??

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with PCOS during the week and have been doing a lot of research since I found out to see what I can do to help myself.

Everywhere I've looked has suggested taking Vitex as it is the best herbal remedy for the condition. However, it also says that Vitex increases the levels of LH hormone. My doctor had told me that my LH hormones were too high which was an indication of PCOS.

My questions is.....how can Vitex help if it increases something we are meant to have too much of?

i have pcos, and before i was actually diagnosed i took vitex for 2 months, it didnt work for me.

i have pcos, and before i was actually diagnosed i took vitex for 2 months, it didnt work for me.

It hasn't worked for me either. I think I'll give it a miss and try other remedies.

Hey there,

I've got PCOS too and also found that it didn't work for me. DH used to manage a health shop and the reason I took it was all the info he had about it said it's supposed to normalise the function of your pituitary gland, thus normalise your hormone levels, including the levels of LH. But suspicious it didn't work for any of us!! I know it did help my sister with her irregular cycles, but that isn't down to PCOS so I guess maybe it isn't that good for PCOS after all.

To give natural remedies a good chance you need to try them for at least 3-6 months so they have time to build up in your system, so if you try anything else do give it a good run! I'm having acupuncture at the moment and I think I am starting to see some changes...fingers crossed!

Good luck all xx

Hey there,

I've got PCOS too and also found that it didn't work for me. DH used to manage a health shop and the reason I took it was all the info he had about it said it's supposed to normalise the function of your pituitary gland, thus normalise your hormone levels, including the levels of LH. But suspicious it didn't work for any of us!! I know it did help my sister with her irregular cycles, but that isn't down to PCOS so I guess maybe it isn't that good for PCOS after all.

To give natural remedies a good chance you need to try them for at least 3-6 months so they have time to build up in your system, so if you try anything else do give it a good run! I'm having acupuncture at the moment and I think I am starting to see some changes...fingers crossed!

Good luck all xx

Hmmm...very suspicious! I tried it for a little over 3 months with no change. I'm getting bloods and a scan just now to make sure it is PCOS. Good luck with your acupuncture. Fingers crossed it works for you xx

I have been taking vitamin B complex which is suppossed to be good for pcos, and i think i did ov this cycle as had a +ve opk! might be worth a try xx

I have been taking vitamin B complex which is suppossed to be good for pcos, and i think i did ov this cycle as had a +ve opk! might be worth a try xx

Thanks. I'll definitely look into it :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->