Pcos can someone explain plz

ceri78

Reaction score
Hi girls I've had pcos now for twenty years can someone please explain why opks are not accurate with pcos? I tried them last month and did have just one day of positives. Did this mean I ovulated:shrug:.thanks xx

Hi there I have PCOS :hi:

And I use Clearblue digital. I have been on Metformin since May and since starting this I have had regular cycles that I don't get on my own. I had two af's! :happydance:

I use OPKS once a day everyday from cycle day 9 and onwards. My Cycles are 30-34 Days around this region. So this is my first month I have used them I waited until after I had a couple of af's before I start using them. So this month I tested from CD9 and everyday was negative and finally today on cycle day 15 its positive :happydance:

And I have been cramping, aches in my breast and watery CM too.... :shrug:

Im In the same boat im not 100% why they are not accurate, weather its something to do with hormones or the fact cycles can be so unpredictable :shrug:

Im sorry I couldn't help much more. But im hoping and praying this is real.

Attachments

• 10427280_696751983705777_4149294893655328540_n.jpg
    10427280_696751983705777_4149294893655328540_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi there I have PCOS :hi:

And I use Clearblue digital. I have been on Metformin since May and since starting this I have had regular cycles that I don't get on my own. I had two af's! :happydance:

I use OPKS once a day everyday from cycle day 9 and onwards. My Cycles are 30-34 Days around this region. So this is my first month I have used them I waited until after I had a couple of af's before I start using them. So this month I tested from CD9 and everyday was negative and finally today on cycle day 15 its positive :happydance:

And I have been cramping, aches in my breast and watery CM too.... :shrug:

Im In the same boat im not 100% why they are not accurate, weather its something to do with hormones or the fact cycles can be so unpredictable :shrug:

Im sorry I couldn't help much more. But im hoping and praying this is real.

Thanks Hun for replying. I've read so much that if you have pcos and get a positive opk that it doesn't mean your gonna ovulate! Geez u can't win:wacko:xx

With PCOS your LH levels can be higher than normal, so you can get many days of positive OPKs or false positives. I have PCOS but have never had a problem with using OPKs. I almost always have a second line but I get clear positives for 2 days. You can also have multiple surges. The best way to know if you ovulated without a blood test or temping is to see if you get a period in 2 weeks after your positive OPK, give or take a few days.

I don't think I have a problem using ovulation test what do you ladies think?

CD9 - negative
CD10 - negative
CD11 - negative
CD12 - negative
CD13 - negative
CD14 - negative
CD15 -positive :happydance:
CD16 just to see and negative

As you only had one positive OPK, I'd assume that you can use them. I would keep track of some other fertility signs as well though, to get some confirmation that you ovulated. The best way would be to take your temperature every day. If you have ovulated, you should see a sustained rise after the ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->