• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS, endo and ttc fo 4 years!

precious-gift

Reaction score
Hi this is my story

started trying May 2004 (hadnt really used any contraceptives before that), and nothing happened. Seeing my friends having LO's was starting to hurt me, my best friend had 2 kids in the time we were trying. Went to GP nov 2007, and he referred us to fertility clinic for investigations, which i felt was a really long process, probably due to the waiting lists. Had internal scan which showed PCOS. They checked my bloods, have an underactive thyroid, which can also affect fertility. My ex's sperm count was fine, but motility wasn't good, they said that it shouldn't affect our chances of conceiving. Went on to have a laparoscopy, which showed mild endometriosis, and they managed to burn most of it away. So the decided treatment to start was clomid, was a bit dubious that it would work (probably because we had tried so long). Anyway, started that Nov 2008, they recommended 50mg to start and they gave me an internal scan, you are not allowed to produce more than 2 eggs, on that cycle i had produced 7!!! I was devastated as you get your hopes up. Redueced dose on next cycle and luckily i only produced 2 :happydance: Plenty of :sex: that month! It was new year and i had invited friends over to celebrate, i had period type pains and symptoms, so was really just waiting for them to arrive, but because i wanted to have a drink and i was a couple of days late, ex went and got a test, and to our utter disbelief it was postitive (had to take 3 more to be sure!) We were both estatic, still cannot take it in. Unfortunately my husband had become scared of being a dad, and left me for another woman, maybe it won't hit him until baby is here, he is convinced he will turn out like his dad and be violent towards us, he said he could never forgive himself for that, and seems to have found it easier to leave rather than work it through. Reason i mention this, as it is vital to communicate and on reflection i think we just plodded along along with fertility problems, i never realised how much it drained me emotionally, so please communicate you feelings, i know i wish i had.
Now 7 months pregnant, ive had it relatively easy, and i just can't wait to meet LO, it is all ive ever wanted, i had resigned myself to thinking it would never happen, so this shows that it does, don't give up hope.
Wish you all the best :hugs: xx

wow your story is such an inspiration! i had a lap done 4 weeks ago and they found i have endo, they removed most of it and when i was coming round from my op my surgeon prescribed me clomid, i started taking it when af started and im now waiting to ovulate. i really needed to read a story like yours because ive been trying over 7 years now! didnt start getting help until last year though. i have been on clomid before, i was on it for 6 months but that was before the lap was done. nothing happened with it, i ovualted, which i do on my own anyway but endo must have been causing problems. sorry to hear about your partner leaving you after all you had gone though to get where you are, you obviously deserve better! and are free to find someone who will be a great dad to your baby! thanks again for your success story :) its really cheered me up! good luck with the birth!
:dust:

All the best to you hun. Hope all works out well and you find a person who deserves you! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->