PCOS irregular periods - when to start opks? HELP!

Amelia09

Reaction score
We hhave been ttc for over a year now. Since coming off bc my af's have gone awol! I have not had a natural af, the only way it comes is through taking medication to bring it on!

My question is when should I start using opks? (This is my first time ever using them). I'm taking clomid 100mg on cd2-6 of my cycle.

Any advice greatly appreciated as this will be our last cycle ttc for a couple of months :nope:

I would start from day 10 so u can make sure u don't miss the surge! I didn't Ovulate till day 20 on my first clomid cycle so could be testing for a while... Goodluck :)

I have PCOS and VERY irregular cycles. I was in the same position as you, I would usually have to take Progesterone to bring on my period as I could go 6-9 months between cycles. I was (and still am) also taking 1700mg Metformin per day. I was under the care of an RE and OBGYN while TTC and had regular blood tests & ultrasounds to see if I was ovulating. In about 1 year I only ovulated twice. I got pregnant both times (one mc).

I would always test from the day my period ended which was anywhere between CD5 & CD14. When I got pregnant with my DD I ovulated on CD42.

I also wanted to mention that with PCOS your LH levels can be all over the place, so a true positive should be really dark, darker than control line. I had lots of times where I thought I got a positive as it was dark, but not as dark as the control line, but blood tests or ultrasounds showed I did not ovulate.

Good luck. I know how hard it is and how frustrating it can be not to have the perfect cycles like so many women. I felt like I was missing out on even having the chance to get pregnant because I wasn't ovulating regularly. But it was all worth it to end up with my sweet baby girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->