PCOS is ruining my life and my future

taybear

Reaction score
My husband and I had an accidental pregnancy in 2011. We did want it. However, it ended in miscarriage.

I've always had irregular periods growing up and would go a year sometimes without one. My GP was an idiot and never took it as a concern.

In 2017 I lost my 2nd and was immediately diagnosed with PCOS. Just a month later we discovered I was pregnant and miscarrying again.

September of last year, I kept getting negative tests but I knew something was up. I found out right at 12 weeks that I was miscarrying. Except this doctor didn't prepare me. I went into preterm labor in a gym bathroom and held my baby in my palm.

And last weekend I knew I was pregnant but was confirmed with 2 of 6 positive tests. Yesterday I miscarried (began the process).

Clomid and metformin did not help. And I've had no treatment since. We cannot afford a RE due to past medical bills draining us. But we can care for a child. Just not fertility treatments and a baby.

Adoption may not be possible due to my history. I've been hospitalized 6 times in 10 years for suicidal thoughts. 3 were after a stroke at 27.

I think we're out of options other than just keep trying and hoping. I've been told maybe I have a clotting disorder by a prenatal nurse but no doctor has ever checked.

I'm feeling pretty hopeless. 5 losses. No treatment. And I'm turning 29 next month. I know my chances greatly decrease when I hit 32.

Just looking for support.

Oh hun that is so hard. I have nothing to offer except hope that soon you can find something to help you get your rainbow. <3

Massive hugs sweet. I to have pcos and a blood clotting disorder. 6 losses here including twins and my eldest daughters twin. I have to take low dose aspirin every day and when pregnant I inject daily with Heparin. X

I would get in with a family doctor or OB. Ob being preferred. They CAN run all the same tests as an RE. Some may not and some may only do some. Can means if they choose to and you ask.

Im not a doctor but here is what I'd do:
- ask for baseline bloodwork. Cd3, 14, and 21. You're looking at tour base hormones.
- get a baseline ultrasound.
- hsg test. Make sure your tubes are open.
Then evaluate and go from there.
If all of this is clear and you have no answers, I'd ask the doctor for a plan. Different meds? Semen analysis? Genetics testing?

You can also switch OBs and find one more willing to help.

No advice but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for the horrible time your going through, stay strong hun and big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->