PCOS Ladies:Metformin, Ovulation, & Periods?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by rdy4number2, Nov 20, 2011.

1. rdy4number2

rdy4number2 Well-Known Member

Okay, I have been on metformin for around 3 weeks. Do you ladies find that metformin is making you ovulate sooner? I have temped in the past and it shows I ovulate as late as cd 21. I'm hoping this med. will help bump up O day. Has it helped any of you get a better period? My periods are way too light.

2. RainAngel

RainAngel TTC #1 since 2005

meformin gave me on hell of a period. it was the worst i've had, but it proves it did its job (this was only my 3rd of the year!). I don't know that it bumps up the O -- I've been told that's why its generally coupled with Clomid.

3. dodgercpkl

dodgercpkl Cautiously Expecting!

I'm no expert on metformin, but I've been on it since August, and this cycle is my first ovulation in well over a year. It happened on CD10 according to my temps and FF. Tbh I have no idea what my ovulation might have been like before, but I do know that this is sooner then ladies typically have it. I'm excited as all get out! :D :happydance::happydance:

4. rdy4number2

Rainangel- How long did it take to get the heavy period? I have only been taking met. for 3 weeks. I am ready for one heck of a period after this very light year.

Dodger- O'ing day 10 is pretty early. At least it is an o!

5. ami1985

ami1985 Guest

my o day on metformin was cd20 so still quite late xx

6. dodgercpkl

dodgercpkl Cautiously Expecting!

Oh heck yeah! I'll take an early o over none at all any day! :D I've made it to 9 dpo and had a smidge of spotting today, so I'm actually pretty hopeful about this cycle!

7. ami1985

ami1985 Guest

fx for u xxx

8. rdy4number2

Yay! I hope its your eggy getting nice and cozy.