PCOS link

I've had 3 scans on my ovaries.....the first one was external, the second and third internal.

The first one showed up some shadowing in my ovary and fallopian tube so they then booked me for the second one which was internal and showed up a 4mm cyst in my right ovary and scarring and liquid retention in my right fallopian tube (probably from a stomach abcess I had several years ago). During my third scan the lady doing it actually said she could see my cyst.....but when I then went for the follow up appointment at the doctor they said that a) the cyst had been on my left ovary and b) it was gone!

I was left very very much confused.

That was over 6 months ago and I still haven't had a period in that time.

Various doctors have put my on the pill (firstly microgynon and then something different...can't remember the name I think it began with D) to see if that would 'kick start' them....nope!

So they have now said that my ovaries 'show signs of being polycystic' but there aren't currently any cysts..I don't think.

I really want something done about this.

My fiance and I aren't looking to concieve at this exact moment in time but we would like to start TTC in the near future, but things are a little difficult as we don't know what's wrong with me!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry this has been such a long post I guess I'm just really fed up of feeling like I don't work and not knowing why

:(

I have pcos too and due at the GYN this week as we need help TTC. (only O'd 3 times this year).

I was wondering about the CD 21 tests - is that to establish if you have O'd or to see the actual level of progesterone after O?

Seeing as you are expected to be 7 DPO at the test - well i ovulated on CD 27 this month... and I will be 7 DPO on the day of my appointment. I would like them to test to see how my prog level is. But, if it is just trying to asses whether you have already O by CD21, then obviously it is useless to me! What do you think, should i push to be tested on the day of my app?

Did that make any sense to anyone?!

Bith of both really, they will see what your progesterone levels are and from that determine if you have ovulated.
The cd21 test wasnt much use to me either. The first one didnt pick up ovulation but the second one did.

I have PCOS with PCO because they don't always show up together. I have weight in my middle, excessive hair, annovulation, high testosterone levels, really random estrogen levels (since my blood has been tested may times) and a bunch of other things that I am too lazy to type right now. I also have a CRAP LOAD of cysts on my ovaries.

The tests should be hormones and a internal ultrasound along with some other things. There is no one test that tells if you have PCOS. It is lots of things combined to make it PCOS.

Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"