PCOS - Metformin cycle buddy club

the soy didnt work for me this cycle, af arrived yesterday. need to double up my met this week but not looking forward to the upset tummy
hope all is well xx

ineedaseed - how much soy were you taking? were you ovulating at all before?

i missed a full day of met tuesday and now the nausea is unbearable, i cant eat and that just makes me feel even more sick.... cant win

cant really complain though, first side effects in 5 month

good luck

Lx

i was taking 2 tablets of 50mg a day from 3 -7. my cd21 tests were 25 and ideally the docs want them to be 30 and over. so my results are probably for ov but not great
am dreading doubling the met! certainly makes you feel yuk! xx

i think im going to try it with no soy this cycle but increase the metformin 2 morrow morning

i am going to do the same sma, i will be doubling up my met too.
hope everyone is having a good weekend xx

ok so i lied....i didnt double up yet im goingto start it 2morrow for sure. i have too but im also going to test again to ake sure im not going to double up if i dont need to. i have been meaning to but i have my test in the car so i either forgot to get them out or i couldnt grab them so i finally got it out today and will test in the morning...........
im still cramping and my boobs still hurt , they have been even before the spotting and they still are. my spotting never did turn in to a full bleed just spotting for 6 days very light with a hint of pink or red to it 1 day

I've been on Metformin for about a month now. How long has it taken you all to get AF?

BTW - I'm Jess. I'm 26 and DH is 24. We've been TTC since January. I've only had AF 4 times in 2010. They are having DH do a sperm analysis and I am scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound soon. I found out I had PCOS on my birthday. (BOOOO!)

I hope you all are well.

hello jrc.
for me i took it 3 weks and no signs of AF so i took provera to start it then once i started it i took soy cd 3-7 and i started a new cycle in 38 days. i did the soy again last cycle and this cycle is all messed up

I started taking met on CD1 of a provera induced AF and got my first AF with just the met 34 days later.

5 months later I'm having regular AF but no Ov

I still symptom spot though every month :S

hi can i join, im 29, dh is 28 i have a beautiful 10 year old dd from previous relationship and absolutely no idea where she came from because iv been told after many many tests i just dont ov.

was lucky to ov once after OD but nothing since so im now on met 1500mg a day. i just started it last week. iv also heard vit d along side met will increase chances of regulating cycle and inducing ov so though i might aswell try it :shrug:

Hey Ladies :)

I am new here. I just M/C this past weekend. But I had been trying to get pg for about a year. I only have one ovary due to PCOS. I started Metformin about 4 months ago and got pg about 3 months after a Low GI diet, Excercise and Metformin.

Since I just M/C I have decided to start my metformin again. I have been confused about TTC again. I dont know if I should wait. I feel fine emotionally and have been very positive through the whole journey (even though it sucks!!)

I heard that unless you take about 1500mg of metformin/ day it doesn't really help PCOS. I had horrible side effects with the meds so I would take 1000mg at night and then 500 in the morning.. which helped..

Well ill be around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->