Pcos question ladies

saffiya

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hello ladies. I have a question about Pcos. I had a baby 8 months ago and my husband and I are trying for baby number 2. I have had a period in may 7th until may 13th and June 21st until the 27th and so far this month I haven't had a cycle. I thought that I have ovulated this month between the 14-15 but wasn't sure as I didn't do any opk just was going off the ovulation feeling. My husband and I bd both days but was wondering what's my chances of being pregnant? I know with Pcos the cycles can vary but was wondering have any ladies had this happen and turned out to be pregnant but took a while to get a positive test or is my cycles just going back to being messed up because of me having Pcos? I have had cramping on and off like af was coming but got nothing and had some pregnancy symptoms but nothing now. If I did ovulate on those days I would be about 11dpo I believe. Ladies what do you think and have any ladies concieved on there own with Pcos?

I have a non-standard diagnosis of PCOS (I don't have insulin resistance at this point, within my weight range, and I'm currently - thank God - having regular cycles).

Unless you know for certain when you ovulated, it's really hard to say what your chances are beyond the norm that everyone has about a 20% chance month to month. For the past 10 months my hubs and I have had "textbook" timing but no pregnancy. So, while you get "better" odds, they don't go up any higher than the norm.

My advice to you is to either temp or use OPKs so you can get a better grasp of when you ovulate.

BTW - if your LO is only 8 months old, are you still breastfeeding? If so, that itself can throw your cycles off as it suppresses ovulation.

I have a non-standard diagnosis of PCOS (I don't have insulin resistance at this point, within my weight range, and I'm currently - thank God - having regular cycles).

Unless you know for certain when you ovulated, it's really hard to say what your chances are beyond the norm that everyone has about a 20% chance month to month. For the past 10 months my hubs and I have had "textbook" timing but no pregnancy. So, while you get "better" odds, they don't go up any higher than the norm.

My advice to you is to either temp or use OPKs so you can get a better grasp of when you ovulate.

BTW - if your LO is only 8 months old, are you still breastfeeding? If so, that itself can throw your cycles off as it suppresses ovulation.

I wanna say thank you for the reply. I don't breast feed him. I have never breast feed but I know that my cycles maybe acting funny cause of me having Pcos. If I was to be pregnant it may not show up by doing the cheap dollar store test. I have made a doctors appointment to get some blood work done and get some levels checked. Are you currently taking anything to help you get pregnant and what opks is the best brand to use for ovulation testing

Hi! I'm gonna agree with the p/p that with PCOS you'll need to take your fertility into your own hands so to speak. OPKs are alright, temping is better. I'd suggest you do both! I think it's really rare to not get a positive after being a week or more late, but it does happen. Going to a Dr. is the best thing, good luck!

Have you tried vitex aka chasteberry....i heard it works amazing with pcos. If your cycles are just messed up then you may want to look into it...

PCOS won't affect a HPT. HPT looks for the hormone HCG. PCOS just means you have higher estrogen/estrogen dominance. Pregnancy would override that. My doc even said that the only thing PCOS would affect is my ability to have regular cycles/regular ovulation.

OPKs - cheap vs. expensive - really aren't very different in my experience. I've purchased cheap ones over the internet. It's "easiest" with the smiley ones, but they're expensive. BBT (temping) is handy as it confirms ovulation, but it can't predict ovulation.

Hubs and I are both taking FertilAid. It has helped my cycles a bit as I was incredibly irregular (varied between 28 days and 46 days month to month). The last few cycles since being on it (for about 3.5 months) I've been 28/29 days.

A doctor really is the best thing. Get all your baseline levels and follow their recommendations. Anything can throw off cycles (including lack of sleep when dealing with a little one). Be prepped that it's potentially nothing. It's only been a little while since you've been trying. It could simply be your body getting back to normal.

Hi hun i have pcos an my cycles are all over twobeen takin soy this month to see if i ovulate early fingers crossed for you xx

Have you tried vitex aka chasteberry....i heard it works amazing with pcos. If your cycles are just messed up then you may want to look into it...

No I have never tried it but sure will look into it. Where did you purchase it from?

PCOS won't affect a HPT. HPT looks for the hormone HCG. PCOS just means you have higher estrogen/estrogen dominance. Pregnancy would override that. My doc even said that the only thing PCOS would affect is my ability to have regular cycles/regular ovulation.

OPKs - cheap vs. expensive - really aren't very different in my experience. I've purchased cheap ones over the internet. It's "easiest" with the smiley ones, but they're expensive. BBT (temping) is handy as it confirms ovulation, but it can't predict ovulation.

Hubs and I are both taking FertilAid. It has helped my cycles a bit as I was incredibly irregular (varied between 28 days and 46 days month to month). The last few cycles since being on it (for about 3.5 months) I've been 28/29 days.

A doctor really is the best thing. Get all your baseline levels and follow their recommendations. Anything can throw off cycles (including lack of sleep when dealing with a little one). Be prepped that it's potentially nothing. It's only been a little while since you've been trying. It could simply be your body getting back to normal.

I also heard about soy. Does it just regulate your cycles? What is fertilaid? I am going to stop testing and wait until I see my doctor and get a better insight on what's going on with my body. I will start to temp and use opk's as I heard its very reliable to know when you ovulate. That sounds great that your cycles are now every 28/29 so that means its easier to know when you ovulate.

Hi, I have PCOS too and DD was conceived naturally. I got my BFP on 2nd April and my last period before I fell pregnant was 17th Feb so quite a big gap between the 2 events! No real advice as I haven't actually TTC before but I guess in situations like ours (I still don't have particularly regular cycles though as I already have a DD I feel hopeful that we can have another baby just that it may take a little while to conceive) we could try OPKs and temping as you say (I just ordered some OPKs and a BBT this minute lol!)

Hi, I have PCOS too and DD was conceived naturally. I got my BFP on 2nd April and my last period before I fell pregnant was 17th Feb so quite a big gap between the 2 events! No real advice as I haven't actually TTC before but I guess in situations like ours (I still don't have particularly regular cycles though as I already have a DD I feel hopeful that we can have another baby just that it may take a little while to conceive) we could try OPKs and temping as you say (I just ordered some OPKs and a BBT this minute lol!)

I know that it's possible to conceive on your own but it's just very hard do to the cycles acting up. I wish that I didn't have it but I do. When I went on a no carb diet and only had water I came down a lot in my weight and my cycles had seem to be regular. I have had all the pregnancy symptoms in the world but no positive test. Where did you get your opks from? I hopE that we both can have hope and fall pregnant very soon. My ds is only 8 months and I know I should give him the chance to be a baby but hubby and I always wanted our children close in age. Are you taking prenatal vitamins

Irregular cycles don't mean it's harder. They mean you have fewer chances during the year and you have to do more to track them.

I don't do soy. It mimics estrogen. PCOSers are already estrogen dominant. In my way of thinking it wouldn't make sense to add more to what I already have an abundance of.

FertilAid has Vitex in it. I go through early pregnancy tests.com to get the supplement (which has folic acid as well) and all my opk/hpt strips.

The most inexpensive way to tell if you're in a fertile time is your cervical mucus. It changes during the month and should be very obvious if you're keeping track.

Irregular cycles don't mean it's harder. They mean you have fewer chances during the year and you have to do more to track them.

I don't do soy. It mimics estrogen. PCOSers are already estrogen dominant. In my way of thinking it wouldn't make sense to add more to what I already have an abundance of.

FertilAid has Vitex in it. I go through early pregnancy tests.com to get the supplement (which has folic acid as well) and all my opk/hpt strips.

The most inexpensive way to tell if you're in a fertile time is your cervical mucus. It changes during the month and should be very obvious if you're keeping track.

Thank you so much for the information. I will go on there and order some. Since you been using the fertilaid have it helped your cycles or you ovulate at all? I know my doctor has said that loosing weight will help with the Pcos and I have been and since I have I had a period in may and June just wasnt at the same time each month. With the cervical mucus I had that on the days I thought I had ovulated but I guess not. I know I am not pregnant cause I took another test today and it was a bfn. So that's why I think it's just my body messing up again. I have had so much on and off cramping as if af was coming but nothing at all. I made a Gyn appt so hopefully my doctor can give me some insight and help me. They always say do birthcontrol to regulate cycles but I have heard that it doesn't regulate it once you come off of it.

Birth control will artificially regulate you, but then your body doesn't get the chance to come in balance.

If you're overweight, it will magnify the issues with PCOS (estrogen stores in fat cells apparently...these are things I didn't know until I was diagnosed and started researching). So, losing even as little as 10% of your weight can start to help.

FertilAid doesn't work for everyone with PCOS as our needs vary so much. You may want to wait on the investment until after your doctor's appointment. Talk with the doc about maybe meeting with a nutritionist or dietician or ask if he can give any support for the small but significant changes to diet that can help.

Apparently they are on the verge of moving PCOS from a reproductive disorder to a metabolic disorder. If that happens, a world of additional research and medical advances will likely open up for us. It seems they learn something new about it all the time.

Oh, and based on my BBT charts, I have a clear ovulation shift basically every month. AF starts 14-15 days after that like clockwork. That was clearly not happening before taking it. I've also worked very hard to get my stress levels managed. That has helped a lot as well. Granted, we've been TTC #1 for 10 months with no success. So, I obviously don't have all the answers.

I know that it's possible to conceive on your own but it's just very hard do to the cycles acting up. I wish that I didn't have it but I do. When I went on a no carb diet and only had water I came down a lot in my weight and my cycles had seem to be regular. I have had all the pregnancy symptoms in the world but no positive test. Where did you get your opks from? I hopE that we both can have hope and fall pregnant very soon. My ds is only 8 months and I know I should give him the chance to be a baby but hubby and I always wanted our children close in age. Are you taking prenatal vitamins

Me and OH are losing weight together at the moment (was hoping to have lost it before TTC but really don't want to wait any longer :blush:) I'm about 20lbs less than before I was pregnant with DD but still have a way to go.
I got OPKs and a BBT from Amazon, I went for them as a package with some HPTs as it seemed a good deal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1RR2YJLIFGD1R
Yeah i'm taking prenatals and thinking about agnus castus too as i've heard good things about it regulating cycles. I think it's just Vitex under another name. Could be worth a try? :flower:
Nothing wrong with wanting a small age gap, I would have liked to try a bit sooner but OH wanted to come off night shift first which he now has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->