PCOS when were you diagnosed

barkersgirl

Reaction score
Trying to understand some recent irregularities in my cycle. Waiting for DRs appointment and some testing to rule out PCOS.

Was anyone else diagnosed in their 30s?

I was diagnosed when I was in my early 20s but had it in my teens. For many 'thin' cysters, symptoms often start at a younger age. Where as those who are overweight find their symptoms start later and often correlate with weight gain.

As stupid as it sounds, PCOS is probably the best form of infertility to have. Once you are ovulating, it's generally a matter of time. I got my BFP on my second round of 100mg of Clomid.

I was dianosed a few months ago - I'm 33. Initially via blood test, then an ultrasound to confirm.

Good luck with your testing. For me they checked Androgen levels, fasting Insulin, testosterone / eostrogen & fsh / lh ratio. If 2 or more are elevated thats an indicator I beleive.

I was diagnosed at 32 with PCOS after stopping BCP and not having a period for 10 months. I have a milder case with lack of periods and higher than normal testosterone levels. Fortunately I didn't have ovarian cysts, which, despite the name of the syndrome, you don't need to have PCOS.

What helped me manage my symptoms was adopting the PCOS diet and taking lots of supplements to support fertility. PCOSdietsupport.com is a great website. In the end Clomid is what helped me get my BFP, but I think my dietary changes and supplements helped. Good luck and hang in there!

I was diagnosed in my early 20s but all the signs were there in my early teens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->