Pcos

Hellokitty20

Reaction score
Hello, My DH and I have been ttc for a year and a half now. We finally decided it was time for an overdue doctor visit for the both of us to see why it wasnt happening. He went to his doctor to have his sperm checked and all come back normal. I went last week and had blood tests and just got the call today that I have PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome. I start meds tomorrow that are supposed to regulate my cycles and I go back to my doctor in a month to get put on chlomid. I was just hoping that maybe one of you ladies have gone through this experience and have successfully conceived? Or if any of you are currently dealing with this and have any advice on how to deal. Im hopeful that now that the problem has been identified my doctors solution with work and next year ill be holding a beautiful little baby in my arms.

first off many many many :hugs: to you dear. And I know exactly how you feel, I was just diagnosed with it a month ago. DH and I haven't been trying as long as you have, but for the last few years my OBGYN knew something was up with my cycles as the whole 6 years I was on BC I never once had a period, but would have extreme cramps so when I went in about a month ago just coming off of having an extremely heavy AF with tons of blood clots she didn't even hesitate to run blood tests to make sure what she had already suspected. I started my provera this month, and I think after my next two cycles of it I will be getting put on clomid. There are several women I have seen on here that are TTC their 2nd and even 3rd with PCOS. But I know exactly how your feeling about it. It's a scary thing to realize that you have a problem doing the one thing a woman should be able to do naturally and on her own. I spent, ok SPEND a lot of time crying over it I haven't quite figured out how to deal with it on my own just yet. But I'm willing to sit and talk with you! and maybe we can help each other out with realizing that we will have children.

I just wanna say gl hun. I conceived my son on clomid :) I too have pcos. I found out in 2004. I conceived in 2004 and had a mc and thts whn I found out I have it. I wanted a baby after the mc so badd we were ttc off and on for the last 9 years. I had and ectopic in 2010 and then 2 cycles after that I conceived my son. when he was 4 months old I conceived my son im carrying now all natural! so have lot of hope hun because miracles do happen :)

mommatoB seeing women like you post that you have been able to conceive with PCOS makes me feel a lot better about my situation, and I really hope it helps Hellokitty20 as well :)

Same happened to me, I had blood tests, internal exams, HSG and all clear, just the pcos. I a, on clomid now with no side effects, my auntie conceived it and that's comforting. Thing positive xx

Tinker1983 It would be nice to talk with you! And mommatoB its a releif to know that there is hope. I just so wish i wouldve gone in to see a doctor sooner and maybe id be at a different place in my life with the whole baby thing. Im on day 2 of Metformin and its not being good to me! Im hoping my body adjusts to it real soon cause some side affects are kinda kicking my butt!

Hey there,

I'm also in the same boat as you are. I have been trying to get pregnant about six years now, but only about a year since I really have been to a dr and had alil help.
I have PCOS & never have periods unless Im on provera.

What are you on to reg your periods? They told me to try birth control but, why would I do that when I want to be pregnant lol..

My dr has me on Metformin now supposed to help,, idk.

Gl to you though!

happy to give hope ladies! I was put on metformin 1500mg daily and it did seem to help me. it seemed to mess with my stomach some but I eventually got some better. gl :)

Hi, my DH and I have been TTC for 9 months. At first things seemed fine but my last couple of cycles have been messed up, and that along with a few other issues, mainly my weight, prompted me to start looking up PCOS. I don't know if I actually have it yet, but my doc thinks its possible and I literally got blood taken for tests today.

Metformin can be a real help, but from what I've read you really need to take it along with exercise and improved diet to get the most benefit. I've been reading up on this a lot (also I've got a medical science degree) and it looks like the best option for PCOS is a low glycemic index (GI) diet, especially if you have insulin resistance (its also what they recommend for diabetes). It's not too hard to switch high GI foods for lower ones, there are books that can give you ideas. Also the usual diet recommendations, low fat, lots of fruit/veg/fibre etc.

The good news is that if you work at it, the lifestyle changes along with metformin can really control and even reverse the insulin resistance that is usually the core problem with PCOS. That's why it can be enough to help some women ovulate on their own again.

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->