pda please help

Agiboma

ME+DS+DD+DH
Reaction score
so my little one had a pda that has goten big and now they are looking to finally start treatment anyone have expereince with this treatment by medication or surgery and how where the results

Hi my little girl had a PDA. She was given a 6 day course of indomethicin to treat it. At the time she was getting her treatment 2 other babies on the unit were being treated as well. They are very common on extremely premature babies. The medication didn't close it completely but it made it small again so it didn't affect her and at her 6 week appointment following discharge they couldn't hear it so it has now fully closed.

The surgery was also quite common and in our hospital they actually carried out the procedure in the unit.

Fingers crossed the medication works

Xx

wow i dodnt know the surgery was so routine, thank 25 weeker, i dont think they carry it out in the unit in Canada but i think the first course may be drugs, i think they are gonna start in the morning, so scary i just want this pda to close

agiboma - hey hun i had no idea you had had yr little one !!!! congratulations hun i just saw yr name and remembered you from 2nd tri i really really hope yr little one is doing well cant believe yr baby is here already !! x x x

agiboma - hey hun i had no idea you had had yr little one !!!! congratulations hun i just saw yr name and remembered you from 2nd tri i really really hope yr little one is doing well cant believe yr baby is here already !! x x x

hey hun,

yep my little love has arrived he's been here for like a month now, you can see his story from a few hours befor he was born by clicking this thread below

https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/370725-25-2-labour-c-section-today.html

Hi Agiboma,

Millie had a large PDA. They gave her two courses of the drugs to try to close it that way but it didn't work. She was transferred to Alder Hay hospital for the day to have the surgery and came back in the same day. The surgery went very well, and there were no complications, although the surgeon said that he had never seen such a large PDA on such a teeny baby. Usually they close it with one clip, but in Amelia's case he used two.

Milly was born on Aug 3rd and had the surgery on Oct 14th. She had been stuck on a ventilator prior to surgery, adnshe was not gaing weight well at all, in fact, when the surgeon operated she was still under 3lbs. Three days after the surgery she came off the vent and started to gain weight much better, she really turned the corner at that point. The PDA was so large it was having a massive effect, my only regret is that they didn't carry out the surgery sooner.

Thanks sherryberry glad to hear about Milly I will update on my Micah once I get more info

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->