People are insensitive.

CyberGrape

Reaction score
So, the girl who works in the department with me just told she her HPT was positive. We are the only two in the department and we've already been told that we can't both be out. I've been here for 6 months, she's been here for 6 weeks.

She already has two kids, 12 and 14, and this one was unexpected.

The worst part, is after she told me, knowing that we have been trying, she says "Well, at least you're not pregnant yet. Sorry you are going to have to wait a few more months before trying."

It took everything I had to keep trying to smile.

Wow...... Some people have no feelings sometimes....

It's just frustrating. And hurtful. I guess she's never gone through the emotional rollarcoaster of trying. So she doesn't understand how hurtful it is to tell someone who is trying that it's a good thing they aren't pregnant yet.

Wow, Women now a days. Instead of being understanding she's being a jerk.

Wow, that's so harsh of her! How absolutely insensitive and insincere. Some people don't realise how lucky they are hun!

x

F* her! Why would your work have ANY say in when you get pregnant?

If possible, I would start looking for a new job. I couldn't work in a place like that, and wouldn't want to work with that lady.

If possible, I would start looking for a new job. I couldn't work in a place like that, and wouldn't want to work with that lady.

^ WSS. I don't know where you are, but your job cannot and should not discriminate based on pregnancy or familial status, which is sounds like they are doing.

Ha, sound like my mum, told me to chill out if its gonna happen it will, yeah says her who got two kids to two different fathers just by throwing her knickers on the bed and she didn't even want us :/ (she was 14 when she conceived my brother!!, I was conceived after a late pill) lucky her! I snapped at her the other day though! So I know how you feel :hugs:

What an insensitive thing to say but people don't think. When people haven't struggled to conceive they have no idea.

Sorry that she was so insensitive. I've come to realize that a lot of people are, unfortunately. I do agree that isn't where I'd want to work. Good luck, hun.

She's a moron for what she said, but I hope you're not actually going to delay TTC plans because of it, that is so completely immoral for any business and illegal in most countries I would choose to reside in.

^ WSS. I don't know where you are, but your job cannot and should not discriminate based on pregnancy or familial status, which is sounds like they are doing.

What both these ladies said! Your employer absolutely cannot dictate your timeline for having children. Eff them and eff your coworker! [-(

Agree. Your employer gets 0 say. Ignore her and keep ttc. She also gets no say. Who the eff says things like that?!

Whether your both pregnant or not, your job will have to figure it out. Period. She shouldn't have said it, I'm hoping she didn't mean anything by it and just has a witty or awkward since of humor....either way try not to let it break you down. Be happy for her and don't be envious and look forward to your blessing soon to come

What a dickhead.
Stay away from her. She thrives on attention & drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->