People are not nice

Nic-Flowers

Reaction score
I wrote an entry on my blog and someone left me a note telling me not only is the name we picked for our son too popular at the moment but I misspelled it. What business is it on anyone's if I chose a popular name OR how we choose to spell it. Guess if they knew our last name was flowers they would have said it was too feminine for a boy? :hissy: I hate people judging names...

Has anyone else had to deal with the opinions of mean people?

(Also my son's name is Aedan and I have NOT misspelled it. SEE)

Aww hun :hugs:

Its your baby which means you pick the name...ignore everyone else...:)

Lovely name by the way xx

Oh babe ignore them, you choose your babies name and spell it how ever you wish!

My dad's friend called his children (No lie) Spanner and Wrench, I think that's taking it too far, but still, it's the parents choice

Awwww hun sod em ...

Your baby your choice .

If its any concelation my whole family hate the name "Roman" we have picked . xx .

oh i have had this! its so horrible, why some people think they have the right to make negative comments like this are beyond me!! ignore them its your baby and its a lovely name. x

Awwww hun sod em ...

Your baby your choice .

If its any concelation my whole family hate the name "Roman" we have picked . xx .

I like Roman. My family hates our choice for middle name (Luther) but it isn't completely decided. My niece is Phoenix...they should be used to odd names by now.

Our families dont like our name choice. My side werent mean about it but my MIL said some pretty horrible things. My Nana asked me if I thought she would get bullied at school. "Wont they shout at her, where are all the cows?" I ignore it. I love the name sod everyone else.

I love the name Aedan, Hannah would have been Aidan (chose different spelling) if she'd turned out to be a boy ;)

awe :hugs: ppl shouldnt be going on doing shit like that :hugs:

What makes people think things like that are their business anyway? Ignore them hun, stupid people! xx

There is no right or wrong way to spell a name. Ignore them! We are spelling our sons name differently than normal and if people don't like it, they can piss off!

Just ignore them hun, people don't like the name we have chosen for our LO but sod them, it's not their baby.

Ignore them hun, I love the name you've picked!
I've had tonnes of grief about the name I've picked (Jack Daniel) 'cause of the whole alcohol association, in fact some have gone so far as to suggest I have an alcohol problem (funny, I haven't drank since... well about 5 months before I even got pregnant, nearly a year!)
I like how you've spelled Aedan too :)

What an idiot. I love different spellings of names, it makes them more interesting and unique :D

I've got a girl's name chosen for my daughter (if I ever were to have one... =/) and I'm pretty sure I pronounce it differently to how anyone else I know does. But I personally think it sounds much prettier, so who cares what other people think?

Aeden is a lovely boy's name btw :D

Ignore them. Obviously just an ignorant so and so who thinks it is their business to butt in on people's decisions.

People can be horrible -- try and ignore them hun.

I love the name Aedan, and I think the spelling you've chosen is brilliant. :hugs:

That's a lovely name and I like the spelling. Very traditional.
Ignore anyone being negative, he's your baby not theirs.

Nic darling! I agree with everyone who has commented! WHAT IDIOTS!!!! Aeden is a great name and the best way to spell it! I got people saying that Jayden (my first) wasnt "a good strong sounding name" :roll: But :p to them! *blows raspberry*

Its your baby and its not like you have named him 'apple' or 'tree' or something weird! Who cares...tell them to 'sod off!' :winkwink: But I can understand when you are feeling hormonal it effects us a lot more than it should. :hugs: Fling some virtual dung at them! :rofl:

I really love that name. I would have named my son Aaden but a girl I know just named her son that, and also it IS quite popular right now.. but I'm jealous because I love it!! Maybe I should just do it anyway, there's no shortage of Davids, Michaels, Johns, etc. in the world!

My Mum did that with my neice's name - told my sis it was a boy's name and that she'd spelled it wrong - and then did exactly the same thing with their next child + said it was beign pronounced wrong. 1st was Ashley - Mum said it was supposed to be Ashleigh...2nd was Tara - pronounced Tar-a not Tah-ra. My sis's + BIL's choice. They are called Ash + Tare most if the time anyway!

And I know my mum now knows better than to say anything about our choices for names, they are Welsh..... Morgan, Rhodri, Rhys if it's a boy and Eira (Eera), Eirlys (Eerlees) and Arianell for girls. Tho I have been thinking of other names as well, my OH wants a welsh name, and that's OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->