People are not nice

:dohh: I know if anyone had said that to me, they would have gotten told to kiss ma arse! :hug:

It baffles me that people (often strangers) seem to think they have any say in what YOU name YOUR child! You've chosen a lovely name, but even if you hadn't people have no right to make you feel lousy about what you picked out. Most parents agonize over what to name their children - sometimes it takes an entire pregnancy to come up with something you're happy with! Do these know-it-alls really think you're going to change your baby's name because THEY don't like it?

We're naming our son Darwin Akiria. My family loves it, our friends have grown to like it (two really didn't like it at the start, not that I really cared), but my husband's side of the family are much less accepting. They've all been told they have no say, but they've made plenty of faces and done some talking behind our backs. I pay them no mind - this is our child, they all had the chance to name theirs whatever they wanted and now it's our turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->