People are not nice

I really like Aedan for a name. I like the way you spell it too!!
Just ignore them. They have nothing better to do than to make fun of your decisions. Sounds like they don't have a life of their own!

Some people just love to have an opinion on everything. My opinion is that it is a lovely name :hug:

I like that name! Of course, I've always seen it spelled as Aidan, but it doesn't matter because both spellings are nice. Geez, some people. How boring would it be if everyone named "ashley" had the same spelling?

Family don't like our choice of name Robyn which is a different spelling too. But dunno how they can talk as they gave me the name Selena! which every one spells as Selina ( drives me mad!!) They say she will get bullied, but to be honest if you are gonna get bullied - they will find any way to do it, whether name related or not.
Our name choices are scottish - dont think they like the choice of Ewan but they got used to it.

awww hun some people are so rude and opinionated - ignore them x x

my family (and others who think they can comment) dont like the name we have picked for our son mason so were just not telling any body any more they wouldnt comment once the babys were born i bet

I was gonna name my Baby aiden if i had a boy but i deicde i knew to many aidens and wanted an orignal name but Hopefull we have a girl becasue the boy name still escapes us

I agree with passengerach...my MIL asked us what names we're considering and I told her...she didn't say anything at all! I found that pretty rude. When people tell me names for their babies...I couldn't care less what it is..I ALWAYS say it's a beautiful name...it's called being polite. So OH and I have decided not to tell anyone our names (well except for my parents, sister and BF...lol...they always tell me the names I want are FAB!). Just ignore anyone that says nasty things...you'll never find a name that everyone loves...all that matters it that you love it!!

The name you chose is great! I love your spelling, I think it is in fact better. :)

Love,
Amy.

I've had the same problem with my inlaws. They don't think it's a nice name at all and it really bugs me. I'm the one who gets to say what name is nice and it shouldn't matter what they think. It has a meaning to us and that's all that matters. We're naming our son Mirack (like miracle but without the le and with a k) not the way you would see someone put it but just because it's not common doesn't mean it's not a pretty name. Tell them to kiss your butt and ignore them. I think it's very pretty and I think that the way you spell it is just lovely. :)

This is the main reason as to why OH and I arn't telling Baby Girl's name until she gets here. It was hard enough trying to find names that neither of us had associations with and that we both liked.

We definitely don't need to hear someone's input on how a "friend's friend's friend's brother's cousin dated a girl with that name and she was a tramp" blah blah blah.

The name you picked, and the spelling is very nice. No one's opinion matters but your own. :hugs:

:hugs: sweetie we had exactly the same - see our 'madeline'!! in the end we never told anyone - it was a choice between regan hope and maddilynne hope. people just have to comment on things sometimes. i think your name and its spelling is gorgeous x x x

we've picked welsh names out, 3 of each...... my mum said 'you've picked them because i can't say them!' (none are impossible to pronounce or spell)..... so I said 'Yup!' *rolls eyes*

I like Aedan!

I had a friend really make fun of the name that my OH and I have picked for if we have a boy... and it really upset me too.
My sister said it was "gross" that I may be having twins... why are people so rude?

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

really silly tht people think they have a say its your choice grr makes me mad ignore them xx

well, my twin and I were named by commitee.... the whole family got to decide. we ended up with the same initials and very similar 2 syllable names....... nice when you are 6 and there's only 1 letter to Miss X X XXXXX...... who gets to open it?

I still love the name - ignore them :hugs: xxx

Babe just ignore them. You spell the name how you want to spell it. Im calling my little man that and im spelling it Aidan but some people spell it aiden. It all depends on you sweetie. I think it's a lovely name (that's why i picked he he)

And i just want to say i love the way you are spelling it, its so unique:D
xx:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"