People Giving Their Opinions

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
:growlmad: Does anyone else constantly get stopped and asked about babywearing in a negative way? Yesterday I was out, I popped out literally for butter and masking tape so didn't need the pram to help cart my shopping home and Mailie's snowsuit is in the wash so I decided to pop her in the babyhawk (keeps me warm too :thumbup:) I got numerous 'looks' to start with and got asked in the space of 10 minutes by 3 different people how I managed it with a baby of her size *erm she's only 7 months old, hardly massive!* also got asked whether she was heavy in it, whether my back was hurting, wouldn't it be more comfortable for us both with her in a pram and then the best one was 'you're brave' this was shouted at my back, I didn't think she was talking to me but it was said louder so I turned around and I got a 'You're brave carrying her in that' I said 'why's that?' she said 'I don't know, you might fall or something, I'd never carry one of mine in one, not that I'm judging or anything' WHAT THE HELL I mean really I was gobsmacked, if she wasn't judging why bloody stop me, I scarpered quickly into the nearest shop after telling her my baby was snuggly in it, a hell of a lot warmer than hers in a pram and I am more than capable of walking without falling over, especially flat on my face!

Does anyone else get comments all the time?

Mailie was so snug in her babyhawk she fell asleep and slept for ages cuddled into me, I think its amazing :cloud9:

I use to get comments but really never negative as far as babywearing. Everyone would always ask where I got my babyhawk and commented on how comfy he looked and how pretty it was. Maybe it's because it's pretty common to see people using carriers here? Is it not so much over there?

WTF there is no need!!

i get funny looks loads and had a teenager comment on how uncomfortable that poor baby must be !!! i just give them the F**K off look !!!!!

I couldn't believe it, I mean it is a bit chavvy round here so I think it might just be super uncommon not to have a tiny baby in a stroller with no blanket, coat or socks ;) It wasn't my babyhawk they were eyeing up either :( you couldn't see it, she was zipped into my jacket lol!

I've been lucky so far, only people who have stopped me are those who want to ask what carrier it is and where it came from. People are normally saying how cute and comfy she looks. Lots of people think they know whats best when really things that are different just confuse them :hugs:

i get funny looks every now and then but i think thats because its uncommon to see a baby in a carrier in my area, ive had the doesnt it hurt your back before but put that down to other people not having tried it.
i ignore anything else lol
most people comment on how cosey she is and how cute she looks when shes asleep :)

I still babywear Niamh and she is a year old. I never notice other people enough to see if I get funny looks, but I live in a pretty friendly area so have never had comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->