People saying things...

Ashtong

Reaction score
I'm 10+4 and I have a very bloated belly all the time it never goes away. I'm totally fine with it. I'm a normal weight and I've only gained 2 pounds and I've had two people say something about how "big" I am . Your ONLY ten weeks you shouldn't be they big. You shouldn't even be showing yet Blah blah it really hurts my feelings because it's not that I'm stuffing my face I'm just bloated. Has anyone else had anything said to them? I know I shouldn't care but of course... I'm emotional ;)

People are jerks. That's pretty much the bottom line. I don't think they often intend to mean what they are saying as a negative thing, they just all feel they have the right to comment on your pregnancy in whatever manner they chose.

If it's not to mention that to you, it would just be another thing. Having a bloated belly is basically an easy way for them to comment on your pregnancy. I do think, however it's all done in good in their heads. Unfortunately they don't always think how it's going to make you feel.

I got these comments a TON with my first pregnancy. Granted, I gained a lot of weight by the end, but even in the beginning I got those remarks when I wasn't gaining crap. People are just rude. Bothers the heck out of me. I haven't gotten many (or any) comments yet, but due to previous losses I also haven't told most people yet and I lost 12 pounds from being sick, so everyone notices my thinned face and arms rather than anything else.

But basically, people suck. I'd tell them where to stick it. It's just rude making remarks like that. <3 :hugs: Hang in there mama!

Just ignore them. It's like as soon as you get pregnant, people lose their filter and think it's ok to comment on how HUGE and BIG and GINORMOUS and whatever other words they can think of to describe women.
Anyway... just ignore. They're not trying to insult you or anything. They're just being idiots.

It's probably not best to feed into it, but I usually say something like, "How many years of obstetrics schooling do you have? Oh right, none. Yeah I have a doctor, but thanks for your concern." Usually works.. Sometimes you just have to advocate for yourself. People think they have a right to give you unwanted advice all of the time. Sometimes comments like that remind them to mind their own business and either remember the manners their mama taught them or learn some. Haha

I got the exact same thing with my last pregnancy..I would just say oh really my dr says I look fine

As PPs have said, people can be jerks. When I found out I was pregnant i was only 6 weeks and when i told several people they were like "Oh i thought so. You have a bit of a belly". It really hurt my feelings because i obviously wasnt showing yet and i had actually lost weight and also because it took the excitement out of telling them.

But we better get used to it, i guess. The world seems to think they need to judge everything pregnant women do and how they look, constantly.
Smoke an ecig, becayse you're quitting cigs for obv reasons? Oh god. Someone is gonna judge.
Look too small or too big to someone? They have to point it out. ("Just wait for the "Are you sure you're not having twins?!" Remarks)
And oh the dirty looks you'll get if you're bold enough to wear a 2 piece swimsuit in 3rd tri.

I think a lot of people dont mean any harm but they just say whatever pops into their heads without thinking. :/

i was also insanely bloated already at 4-5 weeks only, would start out super flat in the morning and bloat to what looked like 4-5 months by the evening.
it took me a while to explain to my partner at time that i wasn't doing it on purpose (!!!).

and to friends who would dare commenting on how big my belly already was, i'd say really bluntly: you know, the baby in there is tiny, like a grain of rice. what you see is farts. i can let them out if you want to, though.
queue startled and embarrassed faces and no comments anymore whatsoever!

OH's mom said "Someone asked me if you were pregnant!" When we told her. Never felt like smacking someone so hard in my life.

It's true though. People think pregnant women are public property and they are likely to say anything.

I had months of "are you sure they are growing? You look too small to be having twins! Honestly it stressed me out (even with growth scans every other week) people are morons and don't think before they speak. Ignore anyone who says anything negative or frightening, apparently scaring or insulting pregnant women is still considered reasonable behaviour!

I hate to say it but it gets worse after you have your child. People make comments when you are pregnant but they come out of the woodwork when the baby comes. They are rude, opinionated, and especially ready to jump on you if they can tell it's your first. After awhile you learn to ignore them and even make snarky comments back to them if they irritate you enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->