People that have had 3rd and 4th degree tears - itchy perineum/ anus?! TMI...

tiggerpony

Reaction score
Sorry for TMI...

...but has anyone who has suffered a 3rd or 4th (I have only met one other person on here who has suffered a 4th degree tear...) tear ever had problems with the end of their perineum right next to their anus itching?? I am 8 weeks PP and I have had a LOT of problems since giving birth with the inside of my bum (which I wont go into now; cos' I think most people on here know the issues I have been having...) but tonight that area has been itching like mad! Like right next to my anus?! Def have not got piles, thrush and there are no stitches left to dissolve externally. The only thing that soothes the itching is a boiling hot bath :-/ but I havn't got all day and night to sit in a bath! Anyone had this? Will it go away?

I had an episiotomy so not quite the same but yes i had itching around where the stitches were. I found letting the air get to that area helped along with a bit of savlon cream or vasaline. Thankfully it didn't last to long and very rarely itches now.

Itching is a good sign! Doesn't feel great but it does mean it's healing hun... Mine itches like crazy and the only thing that would soothe it was tea tree baths xx

Mine itched for a few days then it was done and I felt so much better after it stopped (not in as much pain or itching).

I had a 4th degree superficial laceration (is what the doc called it). He snipped me twice with episiotomy *and* I still tore. I am only 2 weeks PP but I felt around down there last night while I was in the bath and can't feel my stitches anymore but my whole entire area down there itches! As in, my labia, clit, perineum, and anus! Argh! I was given some Epifoam to help with discomfort but I am running out. Was told that Preparation H or some witch hazel pads will also help. I am definitely getting some at the store today!!

I had a 4th degree superficial laceration (is what the doc called it). He snipped me twice with episiotomy *and* I still tore. I am only 2 weeks PP but I felt around down there last night while I was in the bath and can't feel my stitches anymore but my whole entire area down there itches! As in, my labia, clit, perineum, and anus! Argh! I was given some Epifoam to help with discomfort but I am running out. Was told that Preparation H or some witch hazel pads will also help. I am definitely getting some at the store today!!

Sorry if TMI but do you have air/ gas comming out your vagina?? I didnt at first but then at 3 weeks PP I started getting it and now have POO comming out my bits and they have diagonosed me with a recto vaginal fistula :nope:

Sorry if TMI but do you have air/ gas comming out your vagina?? I didnt at first but then at 3 weeks PP I started getting it and now have POO comming out my bits and they have diagonosed me with a recto vaginal fistula :nope:

I had that! Probably I noticed it after my first PP poo... I would feel a poot forming and when I'd try to pass it, it came out of my vagina instead! But, that hasn't happened in a couple days so I'm hoping whatever hole was there has closed up. Scary I know! I called the doc and they told me they weren't even going to try to look into it until my 6-week PP checkup, which is a month away... I never had poo coming out! Oh my goodness bless your heart! I can't believe they did such a terrible job stitching you up :( :flower: :hugs: Are they going to do a repair??

I had that! Probably I noticed it after my first PP poo... I would feel a poot forming and when I'd try to pass it, it came out of my vagina instead! But, that hasn't happened in a couple days so I'm hoping whatever hole was there has closed up. Scary I know! I called the doc and they told me they weren't even going to try to look into it until my 6-week PP checkup, which is a month away... I never had poo coming out! Oh my goodness bless your heart! I can't believe they did such a terrible job stitching you up :( :flower: :hugs: Are they going to do a repair??

Make sure you check every time you got for a poo that it's not comming out your vagina because at first it wasn't and even now onl y happens sometimes when I go! Apparantly they did stitch me up good but there is about 2 cm of area which isnt healed properly which has that hole :-( Im now nearly 10 weeks PP and I got to wait until 8th Nov to see if it's even repairable - if it isn't I will be having a colostomy bag :cry: but hoping it is xx

ps - I found out the itching was a tear that had formed in my anus going to my perinum! I dont know why it's formed but I have just been putting witch hazel gel on it! 4th degree tears are horrid aint they :cry:

tigger, you are just going through the ringer aren't you!! Bless your heart. :flower: I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do any repairs on that. If they say it's not repairable, get a second opinion!!!

I had a 4th as well n I had the itch ad well n I use coconut oil down there after a hog bath n it settles...

I had a 4th as well n I had the itch ad well n I use coconut oil down there after a hog bath n it settles...

Cant believe I am finding more and more people who are sustaining 4th degree tears - it's bad :cry:

How did you get your tear (my baby came up with her arm up by her head) how many weeks has it been since you gave birth, and are you all healed now? Im 10 weeks PP nearly and everything still hurts and feels very wrong down there... my perinieum looks screwed! :wacko::wacko:

My daughter came out facing to the right, instead of face-down. So her shoulders... well you get the picture. :wacko: I am only about 3 weeks PP and I'm scared to have a look down there just yet, I imagine it looks something like ground beef :haha: (hey have to find some humor in this....)

My daughter came out facing to the right, instead of face-down. So her shoulders... well you get the picture. :wacko: I am only about 3 weeks PP and I'm scared to have a look down there just yet, I imagine it looks something like ground beef :haha: (hey have to find some humor in this....)

Are you in loads of pain with your bum? my entire rectum split and needed stitching up! :wacko:

Massive hugs girls :hugs:

I had an emergecny forceps delivery due to fetal distress. I had an episiotomy and a seperate tear into my bowel :( I was in theatre for over 2 hours being stitched up. I had a follow up with a consultant and referred to a physiotherapist at 8 weeks pp.

It took over a year to feel ok-ish again and even now.. 19.5 months on I still feel sore at times xx

the hosp gave me a squeeze water bottle to help rinse the area after peeing etc and that helps... also the cream they gave me for hemorrhoids helps (called proctosol) too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->