People touching your belly...

kmpssbl

Mother of 1, TTC for #2
Reaction score
So the other day, hubby told me he had promised his dad he could feel my belly today for when the baby kicks, since we were spending Thanksgiving with his family. I am not one for people touching me period, much less another man touching my belly. It's just...weird. When we got to their house this morning, he had me sit on the couch next to him so he could be ready for whenever the baby did move. Needless to say, it was a little weird. I do feel a little bad, though, because I didn't bother to tell him when she DID move. It wasn't very much, and it's so sporadic that I just cannot pinpoint when she will actually move. So when we left the house, I couldn't help but feel only a little bad. The other part of me just didn't care. I guess he was so excited because he was promised something that I never said was okay. He'll get to meet his granddaughter in just a couple weeks, so I didn't think it was that big a deal. :shrug:

Does anyone else feel this way about random people touching your belly? I mean, yeah, this is family, but it's still a little strange to me. I've had 2 of my 3 sisters feel, as well as my mom and my dad, but that's still weird! My brother probably isn't interested, which is okay ha! My husband, of course, is a different story. He's SUPPOSED to touch me lol! :dohh:

I love when my husband touches my belly, but anyone other than him and it just feels plain weird! MIL always has to go for a feel and will talk to my tummy and I feel SOOOO awkward, but I just smile and wait for her to finish talking lol. Sadly LO only seems to like to kick around for DH, when she is kicking and anyone else puts a hand on my tummy she instantly stops.

Tonight at dinner lots of family were grabbing my belly and rubbing it, it was weird but it is what it is and I just smile through it. Strangers on the other hand, hell no, they can back away.

I love it when OH does it but other people just weird me out. Even close friends doing it feels a bit strange... I think if a family member wanted to then I'd just go with it but I'd feel a bit weird about it... But then I'm like you and don't really like being touched.

The weirdest thing for me is that old people in supermarkets seem to think it's ok to touch my belly. Just random old people!

It's my biggest hate of pregnancy! Whatever possess people to think it's ok especially without asking, is beyond me!! DH can touch my belly any time he likes, i encourage him to and we often lay in bed at night chatting to the boys and feeling them wriggle and kick - it's so special! But... My sister especially freaks me out! She talks to my belly now because it told her not to touch my belly again i'll let her know if i want her to feel them! Even her talking to my belly makes me cringe! My mum always asks now too!

Last friday i saw a 'friend' i use the term loosely, more of an acquaintance at an event, i had my hands full and she went straight in for the belly.... i stepped back and in no uncertain terms told her 'don't touch!'

Oh i hate it! I was at an event the other night with OH and one person who was quite tipsy kept coming over and rubbing my belly!

Thankfully, I haven't had random strangers touch me! I would freak out! My one sister is a comic and talks to my belly, and I do think it's funny lol. They all just want to meet her so badly! My MIL touched my belly last night as we were leaving their house after Thanksgiving, but she wasn't trying to feel for kicks or anything. It was just a quick "Bye Josie".

I hate people touching my belly! DH can touch all he wants, but others not so much. My mom and sister might pat my belly occasionally, and that doesn't really bother me, but I have had people come up to me in a store and try to touch. I just move out if range. I've also had random people try to touch my DS(one old guy tried to hug him!) I don't see why people think it's ok to touch strangers!!

I really really don't like it when other people except OH does it, I think if my father in law touched it I'd freak out!!! MIL tries a lot which annoys me just because it's my personal space and it feels weird!

I don't mind my own family/best friend/OH but it makes my skin crawl thinking about my MIL or my FIL touching my belly! Definitely not ok. Especially if he was sitting waiting for it to happen.
I don't mind a quick pat from friends or people I work with, I know they mean well and it's just one of the things people do while you're pregnant. I just suck it up and smile.

I don't like it. Well it depends who it is. If its Dh then more than fine, infact I encourage it. If its a close friend or someone I like a lot then im ok with it but I don't like strangers/acquaintances touching my stomach. I find it unbearable and a huge intrusion on my personal space. I wouldn't like FIL touching me. He wouldn't anyway but if he did i'd be uncomfortable with it.

It's been the opposite for me! Lmao! I've been trying to get random family members to touch my belly and bond with Emma but everyone's too freaked out! Lmao, I'm the first out of my siblings to have a kid and were not a very affectionate family so it's new territory for them. It's funny though when I ask my sister to feel her niece and she cringes and makes an excuse to leave the room lol

I hate people touching my belly I love hubby feeling him move but anyone else I'd rather they didn't it's weird especially if they don't ask id never just touch someone's pregnant belly

Whew! I'm so glad I am not the only one weirded out by it! I remember not long after I found out I was pregnant, I went out to lunch with my sister, who was pregnant as well. She was already showing, and the girl who sat us at our table was just so obsessed with her belly! She even sat down next to my sister, put her hand on her belly and just started chatting away about stupid stories we didn't care about. My sister even told her I was pregnant too, but she didn't believe it because I wasn't showing. When she left, we were both like "WTF just happened here???" People like that need to learn their boundaries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->